Property maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property maintenance

We currently have two properties with tenants that aren't in the slightest bit green fingered. I spent three hours at the weekend weeding one property before the valuer arrived today.
    I mentioned to the tenant that it was their responsibility to maintain the lawn and gardens and suggested maybe we organise someone to come and do it at their expense or I could do it myself.
    what I want to know is 1. Is it considered appropriate to be going around and doing gardens etc at your own rentals?
    2. Should we give them the option of $10 a week rent increase?

All thoughts and experiences welcomed

It's pretty normal that if they wont do it you have it done and increase their rent to cover it.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Green fingered tenants, or at least the ones that want to grow the same plants as you do, are few and far between.

We always use it as a selling point that the gardens and lawns are maintained for them and include it in the rent, ensuring we are at the higher end of the statistics to cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy t View Post
        1. Is it considered appropriate to be going around and doing gardens etc at your own rentals?
        I gather you mean you personally?
        It's fine but don't cross the line and turn it into an inspection.
        Outside only etc.
        Does help to keep a closer eye on the place.

Comment

Working...
        X