Bad day at the office - wrong house demolished by wrecking crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day at the office - wrong house demolished by wrecking crew

The company's slogan, according to its website, is "We could wreck the world."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/apps/78282498/demolition-crew-knocks-down-wrong-house-after-google-maps-mixup
    Last edited by Nick G; 26-03-2016, 01:36 PM.
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Not the first time it's happened. I can remember at least 2 similar stories when I was there :-)

Comment

Like those dumb-arse truck drivers who rely on GPS for shortcuts using the back roads - and end up stuck on goat tracks.

If it's on GPS (or google maps) then we must be safe/correct....

Comment

Oops - 'Daddy, that's not grandma': Wrong woman cremated in funeral home mix-up

'Daddy, that's not grandma': Wrong woman cremated in funeral home mix-up

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/78285868/daddy-thats-not-grandma-wrong-woman-cremated-in-funeral-home-mixup

Comment

OMG, imagine getting a phone call to tell you your house is a gonna.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
            Like those dumb-arse truck drivers who rely on GPS for shortcuts using the back roads - and end up stuck on goat tracks.

If it's on GPS (or google maps) then we must be safe/correct....
            Lolz Kane, GPS it is pretty accurate, and you dont have to stop often to read a map to make sure you are in the right track.

Now about getting stuck, there is no difference between a map and GPS.

The only thing is, you have to update you GPS software often at least every month to be pretty accurate as new streets are created and old roads are closed down.

Same with maps, you cannot rely on a version of a map from a year ago or even 6 months ago.

Now there are good GPS and average ones, i recommend TOM TOM from experience.

If you are after free GPS, you can download WAZE on your android or iphone, but beware is not that accurate,as the saying goes, if you want quality you need to pay the price,thanks

Comment

I recently uploaded opensource NZ maps on to my Garmin. They are brilliant, better than a bought one.

Comment

Working...
              X