No announcement yet.

Do I have the basics right? - Starting out in Chch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm renting at the moment and I place high priority for garage and parking facilities. Do you guys care a lot about
    the below aspects when looking for a rental?
    Shared drive way
    Garage space + off street parking
    I prefer rear section property over the front as rear usually gets more off street and right of way.

Comment

Originally posted by rooney111 View Post
      Hi James, no worries at all. I wanted to ask the same as well. Cheers
      I chased yield too much and bought at the wrong time in a smaller high-cf area. I really didn't know what was doing back then and rushed into it. You're doing the right thing by educating yourself. It cost a lot of momentum. As far as I look at it property is a momentum game. If a boulder is rolling backwards you have to exert energy and time to slow it down, make it stop, and then start moving in the direction you want to head.

However I will say that if I'm going to get it wrong, a cashflow positive property was a better "mistake" than many other things that I could have done wrong :-)
      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Shared drive way
        Garage space + off street parking
        I prefer rear section property over the front as rear usually gets more off street and right of way.

In general you will want covered off-street parking and any section to the rear to afford tenants privacy and it's safer for young kids.
        Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Hi Nick,

Just to clarify, you said you bought at the wrong time, did you mean the wrong property cycle? Did you buy at boom?

And what is a high-cf area?

Thanks

Comment

What is half a bedroom?
            Is it for half a person?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              What is half a bedroom?
              Is it for half a person?
              Yea mainly for Hobbits..

Comment

Originally posted by rooney111 View Post
                Yea mainly for Hobbits..
                Of course.
                And if advertised as such would probably fall under the speciest restrictions.
                Clever!

Comment

about 2164 listing in CHCH, that is the peak of the recent at least 8 years period. The number says it is a house oversupply problem. are you seriously and confidently investing in CHCH? I guess it is 1 o'clock in CHCH at present.

Comment

Originally posted by portofolio View Post
                    about 2164 listing in CHCH, that is the peak of the recent at least 8 years period. The number says it is a house oversupply problem. are you seriously and confidently investing in CHCH? I guess it is 1 o'clock in CHCH at present.
                    Out of those 2164 listings I'll be interested to see what % of them will be "as is where is"..

However,there are heaps of new houses in the making with fair bit of subdivision land with no houses on them either.

What puzzles me is that even with that many houses listed, the selling price is mostly over the RV.

Comment

Depends when RV's were last updated.

Comment

Working...
                      X