Tenancy Clauses to add to tenancy agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
    On a recent discussion with a landlord he had given a couple a 90 day notice simply for the fact they now had a baby and were limited to only 2 occupants on the TA. I thought that was pretty harsh.
    Originally posted by Keys View Post
    Tenancy services told me to issue a 14 day notice to reduce the number of tenants back to the contracted number.
    Interesting. Especially that Tenant Services takes the harsher stance.

Comment

• I made a claim against my tenants for bringing a toddler into the property. She was a foster child and unfortunately for them the planned adoption did not go through. I didn't succeed as I had a property manager find the tenants and although the tenants had told the PM they were looking to foster/adopt she did not pass the information onto me. As the PM had been notified it was my tough luck that the information was not passed on. There was no mention of a possible 3rd person on the TA, only the application form, which I wasn't privvy to. Lesson learned view the application form before accepting a PM's choice of tenants.

Comment

• Here's a question for those who are interested. Section 11 protects the tenant from contracting out of the RTA. However, the level of cleanliness the property is left in is defined as "reasonable" Therefore, I suggest that, since there is a NZ Standard on meth contamination, it would trump the "reasonable" discussion. I suggest that contracting to the NZ standard is not a breach of Section 11. Therefore, I have modified my TA a little. Here it is:

The landlord has presumptively screen tested this property for “P” and the area tested came back as a negative result. The landlord may test for “P” during your stay, with or without an expert, and any positive results will be followed by further testing. It is therefore agreed that a further positive result, more than the NZS 8510:2017 is deemed to be a contaminated property and the results will be forwarded to the NZ Police and an application to terminate the tenancy will be made under Section 55 (1b) of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 AND we will be claiming clean-up costs. Any tests, during a tenancy will be conducted during a suitably notified visit.

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
        X