Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Te Atatu Peninsula still good for capital growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Te Atatu Peninsula still good for capital growth?

Just wondering if Te Atatu Peninsula is still a good place to buy for capital growth? I know prices there have appreciated a lot over the last couple of years, and I'm wondering if this means it's not a good place to buy from an investment perspective since maybe it's "done its dash" already?

FYI I'm planning on living in the house rather than renting it out, but I want to make sure I buy somewhere that has good potential for capital growth as well as nice lifestyle factors.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Heres part of the picture, average sale price of 3 bedroom homes from Barfoot and Thompson for the last 7 months in Te Atatu Peninsula. A different scenario to the surrounding suburbs which have generally all gone up.

June $793,409
    July $829,600
    August $837,385
    September $815,759
    October $814,293
    November $800,044
    December $793,076
    January $778,328

Comment

My first home there, 1968 - $6500.

Comment

Yes I think long term Te Atatu Peninsula is a good place to live/invest.

It's the best place out West IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomo View Post
          Heres part of the picture, average sale price of 3 bedroom homes from Barfoot and Thompson for the last 7 months in Te Atatu Peninsula. A different scenario to the surrounding suburbs which have generally all gone up.

June $793,409
          July $829,600
          August $837,385
          September $815,759
          October $814,293
          November $800,044
          December $793,076
          January $778,328
          Interesting figures. I like the Peninsula but the one way in/out is what I don't like about it. It's a bit of an island. I read something from Barfoot and Thompson that came out in the last few days which named New Lynn and Glen Eden as hot markets in the west. If you like the feel of Te Atatu Peninsula check out Green Bay and Green Bay/New Lynn border. I expect Green Bay to surpass Blockhouse Bay in popularity / prices in the future.

Also, there are a lot of very low lying properties in Te Atatu Peninsula. I always worried what would happen to them as sea levels rise...
          “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

Comment

I'd say west harbour is the best place to live, should soon be the first $1million dollar suburb out west

Comment

Originally posted by GenY View Post
              I'd say west harbour is the best place to live, should soon be the first $1million dollar suburb out west
              I thought Whenuapai and Hobsonville were already million dollar suburbs? Closer to the city is better by far.

Comment

Working...
              X