Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messages

Hi PT,

Is it possible for me to send messages on Propertytalk.com without having posted 10 messages on the forum first? To be honest, as I am new there isn't really much I can contribute yet and I am trying to reach other users on the forum who do have more knowledge than me so I can learn more.

Please let me know.

Cheers,
    MJ

Use your imagination just make 10 friendly posts on a few threads. Only nine to go. Reply to this and make a comment. Then it's only 8 :-)

Comment

Thanks Damap, I didn't want to say anything just yet at risk of looking like a complete rookie, but I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mjoh160 View Post
        Thanks Damap, I didn't want to say anything just yet at risk of looking like a complete rookie, but I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

Cheers
        We all have to start somewhere and nothing wrong with making mistakes so long as we learn from them ..... Just follow Damap's advice and you'll get to 10 posts in no time ..... Have you bought your first property yet (or wanting to)?
        Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
        Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
        May 2012

Comment

Well this thread is certainly helping

Just about to purchase my first property. Everything is ready to go, just need to pick one (in my price range of course). I just discovered this forum a couple of weeks ago and wish i knew about it much sooner, plenty of good content on here from notable investors like Graeme and heaps of helpful videos. Any extra advice is always welcomed

Comment

Where are you looking at buying, which city/town?
            (helping with post count)

Comment

Been looking in Auckland for a while. Although after reading a few articles I'm thinking Hamilton could also be a possibility. The yield in Auckland is frighteningly low compared to other areas of nz, which is one of the many reasons I'm considering Hamilton. I'm just concerned the bank will have some other criteria to meet if I buy outside the area I currently live.

Haha thanks for helping with the post count.

Comment

The bank doesn't mind if you buy outside of where you live, they want to make sure that the rental estimate is sound (ie, a written appraisal) and you're not paying too much (ie, valuation). From there it's about your deposit and serviceability.

What attracts you to the tron, apart from it being a) a city and b) near to Auckland? Yields aren't great there anymore either and "just have to pick one" worries me. A plan and strategy generally help :-)
                Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                  The bank doesn't mind if you buy outside of where you live, they want to make sure that the rental estimate is sound (ie, a written appraisal) and you're not paying too much (ie, valuation). From there it's about your deposit and serviceability.

What attracts you to the tron, apart from it being a) a city and b) near to Auckland? Yields aren't great there anymore either and "just have to pick one" worries me. A plan and strategy generally help :-)
                  Haha Thanks for the concern Nick. I do have a strategy and plan in place. What I meant is that I just need to find the right property that ticks all the boxes and aligns with my plan.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind. I'm trying to find a property in Auckland with decent capital growth and a yield of 5% and proving to be very difficult.

Comment

What areas of Auckland are you looking in? We sell properties with around 5% yields a lot.
                    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                      What areas of Auckland are you looking in? We sell properties with around 5% yields a lot.
                      Primarily east Auckland. Most of the properties I've seen are 3-5. Don't think I've come across many over 5 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mjoh160 View Post
                        Primarily east Auckland. Most of the properties I've seen are 3-5. Don't think I've come across many over 5 yet.
                        Two more posts to go before yelling hip hip hooray ..... What price range you looking at finance prevailing?
                        Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
                        Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
                        May 2012

Comment

Thought about commercial properties?

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by props4u View Post
                            Two more posts to go before yelling hip hip hooray ..... What price range you looking at finance prevailing?
                            Round the 7ish mark. Haha yes very very close!

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                              Thought about commercial properties?
                              Not really. Didn't think I quite had the cash, knowledge or connections for such a venture.

Comment

Working...
                              X