Water Blaster - Petrol or Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Blaster - Petrol or Electric

If we consider that say price is not an issue and you want the easiest most convenient tool to use, do you buy an electric or petrol waterblaster.

Electric but only based on the criteria you have given..

I have a petrol model myself for cleaning farm machinery, its more powerful with a higher LPM pump and I need that more than I need convenience. If you don't use it much the fuel in the petrol engines will go stale and seals will dry out etc. I guess you could get electric models that would do the job I want but the limit would be the electric motor which seems to be limited to 1 or 2 HP on single phase domestic power while my petrol engine is putting out 8 Hp.

Russell

Comment

If you intend to use it away from home a petrol one is handy - don't have to find power at the rental (get tenant to leave a lead out etc - to this end I am installing an outside power point if I can in my rentals).

I hate small petrol motors though!
      The lawn mower is fine as it is used regularly but other engines are used infrequently and they just become hard to start.

Comment

A good quality electric one will do most rental related activities, but don't expect it to clean up after a hard day in the 4x4

We've got a small Stihl, and it seems to do a good job.
        DFTBA

Comment

A good Petrol blaster will always do the job faster and are more grunty--electric is probably more convenient for smallish jobs ,but for the whole house you need the volume that petrol provides--whichever you get ,make sure to get a turbo attachment which makes it more powerful.

Comment

cheap electrics have always let me down with various plastic failures

splitting pipes, collapsing valves etc

even good names like karcher

so if you expect to use for years

don't go cheap
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
              cheap electrics have always let me down with various plastic failures

splitting pipes, collapsing valves etc

even good names like karcher

so if you expect to use for years

don't go cheap
              also they have relatively short hoses which means you have to carry the machine if you going high or on the roof--Petrol machines are more expensive though-especially decent ones--have'nt tried the cheaper ones on offer--should have at least 5hp--(you need more power for pre paint (blasting of flaky paint or stubborn moss) than just cleaning your house.
              The advantage of volume(petrol) is that you keep the high pressure on a 12inch fan rather than having to reduce it to 3-4in which obviously gets the job done quicker.

Where are you?
              Last edited by skid; 02-01-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I love my electric Nilfisk.

It always starts (unlike some of my petrol tools) and it's powerful enough to prep a house for painting or clean a patio, but it won't shred timber or put holes in things if it ends up in in the hands of an over-eager laborer

Comment

Working...
                X