Relocatabale houses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocatabale houses

I'm meeting a house relocation outfit today to get a feel for how they work and what the process is. It seems like they project manage you through the whole process geo > feasibility & consent > house selection > move > onsite setup and utilities hookup. I'll probably need make sure of driveways, parking, letterbox, clothesline and also put up some fencing for privacy.

Has anybody done one of these before? What went well/badly? I plan to take my property manager to the site also to make sure we're setting up something that will rent well.

I own a rental in Western Heights with enough space on the back yard to easily fit a 2nd 3br home. Current GY is 9%, rough projection after adding a second house is it will go up to 11.5% - 12% depending on costs.

Cheers
    Nick
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Did you add costs of subdivision to your calculations?

Or is there any other way to put 2nd home (full-size, not minor dwelling)? I don't think so, though it would be interesting to learn something new.

Comment

I'll be speaking with a surveyor in the new year about what you can and can't do.

Yup, considered subdividing costs.
      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
        I'll be speaking with a surveyor in the new year about what you can and can't do.

Yup, considered subdividing costs.
        Hi Nick G, how did you get on with this?

Comment

Didn't go through with it. When I spoke with someone who had done a similar project I got a feeling you need a good PM on the ground or to be there yourself. It's lucrative but quite involved.

Comment

Hard to find anybody doing it in Auckland. Costs are high, access often difficult. A new build is a better bet it seems up here.

Comment

Relocatable House Company do operate in Auckland, they are more looking at relocating houses on existing land to make room for building. Access is a big thing and then as has been said you still have an old house.

I'd go for the strategy somewhere like Palmy, flat land and relatively cheap.

Comment

Will let you all know once I complete mine. Currently about half way

Comment

Originally posted by AlFa View Post
                  Will let you all know once I complete mine. Currently about half way
                  Yes please

Comment

How did you go with your project?

Comment

Working...
                    X