How long does engineering approval take? Auckland Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does engineering approval take? Auckland Council

Trying to get drainlaying underway .. however still waiting to hear back from council for engineering approval (we already have resource consent).

From what I can see online, they get 20 working days.. however I'd be interested to know if they generally take this long or typically get it done quicker than this?

Thanks

Hi DIY guy,

Generally takes the full 20 works or more in my experience. It varies depending on the complexity and size of the project, area you are in, and the time of the year - at present coming up to Christmas Council will have all the developers wanting things done last minute adding to their work loads, so it is unlikely that you will receive approval faster.

Ways of getting it approved quickly:
    • firstly ensuring that all your application paperwork was in order, and that the design meets their standards (maybe too late for this step).
    • Best way for you will be chasing up Council (ph 09 301 0101) if you don't hear anything from them after 20 working days - Make sure to have the resource consent number handy or project address at the least. you will usually get put in touch with an on duty development engineer who will assist you, unless you have a contact person you can liaise with directly.

Also to note, if you have new wastewater lines and or water pipes Council will send the design plans through to Watercare who assesses this portion of it.

Hope this helps,
    Cheers
    Avi

Comment

Working...
    X