Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first home buying advice: building inspection...please asisst

Hi All,

I am planning to buy my first home; however the my budget only permits me a do up property. I was wondering how much does it cost to renovate a do-up property. If someone could suggest me a good builder who could check the property for structural issues and give me a quote on refurbishing the property; as I want to include that while putting an offer.

Also, I have a pre-approval from my bank; does that mean that the approval is conditional and should S and P agreement include financial clause or SandP should not have a financial clause; just the building report and lim clause; the reason being listing agent advised me the lesser number of clauses mean more attractive offer.

Thanks and Regards,
    noeone

Your pre-approval from the bank tells you what you can afford.
    The bank will still want to access the actual deal so a finance clause is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Your pre-approval from the bank tells you what you can afford.
      The bank will still want to access the actual deal so a finance clause is a good idea.

thanks man..... also I had another question
      I submitted a s&P agreement few months back through an agent and the vendor rejected it basis my price offer; however now the property is on private sale; I approached the vendor and he seemed interested now....am I liable to the real estate agent or is it the vendor or no-one

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
        thanks man..... also I had another question
        I submitted a s&P agreement few months back through an agent and the vendor rejected it basis my price offer; however now the property is on private sale; I approached the vendor and he seemed interested now....am I liable to the real estate agent or is it the vendor or no-one
        the vendor is the one with the contract with the RE

Comment

second jimO - that is for the vendor to worry about.

Comment

thanks a lot....another questions on the LIM report it says
            CCC is issued
            New Dwelling Site under 450m2 : Status Environmental Monitoring

Special Feature Code: LWD Low Flow Water Devices: The owner shall not place, erect construct or permit to remain any part of this land any residential building unless

Although I would be putting this condition in S and P agreement; just wanted to check is it safe to sign the S and P agreement

Comment

is there a video in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by mjoh160 View Post
                is there a video in this thread?
                yes can you not see it

Comment

Working...
                X