Greasy Grimey Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greasy Grimey Kitchen

Ive discovered that the tenants have been cooking with oil alot and things have not been cleaned for ages.
    things are pretty scungey and Im getting concerned about damage occurring when things get past the cleaning stage.
    Im just wondering if issuing a 15day notice to remedy is a waste of time.
    If it goes to the tribunal will they actually act or is this one of those grey areas(pardon the pun) where we get nowhere.

Has anyone had first hand experience with this---Tenants seemed insulted when I brought it up.

I discovered when tradesman came for repairs

If its a good tenant you want to keep, I would suggest buying a suitable degreaser & asking them to use it. I think I used a degreaser by 30 Seconds, worked very well. I had the same problem 2 weeks ago. Tenant contacted me to complain Bathroom ceiling was mouldy, claimed it was unhealthy. When I visited on a warm day, all the windows tightly shut, curtains drawn. I used a bottle of Mould Killer on a small patch, came right off so left the bottle plus a cleaning swab with her & instructions on how to air the house.

She genuinely did not know, first flat as a 23 year old who had been living with Mum till now. I suspect many tenants are in this "helpless" category.

I do provide a toilet brush and a couple of cleaning cloths plus spray cleaner for tenants as a "hint" of what I expect! Mostly $2 shop stuff so $10 investment between tenancies not a great loss.

Comment

Good idea on the spray cleaner at start of the tenancy--unfortunately its gotten very emotional now -when I suggested what to use I was told it was none of my business. (insulted) Dang ,all i want is a kitchen reasonably clean of oil and grease.
      I believe tenant will eventually clean it -then its time for a quick inspection and get ready for a barrage of accusations--I think Ill just have to try not to take the bait and just refer any grievances to the tenancy adviser.

Comment

Working...
      X