No announcement yet.

Where to invest now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntly has a lot of underground issues and is such a hole it's hard to imagine it gentrifying. I reckon it will be banished to the back room.......

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy one there Dean?
      Facebook Property Chat Group NZ
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/340682962758216/

Comment

I bought it off a student to help him out at the time.

Comment

Would you buy another one there now to help out other students?
          Facebook Property Chat Group NZ
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/340682962758216/

Comment

I don't coach anymore. But I wouldn't buy Huntly again, it was a complete headache in every regard.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Bateman View Post
              One of my workmates is going on about Huntly being the next big town on the move due to proximity to AKL and Hamilton. I don't see it happening for the next 15 years at least
              I hope that you make a decision soon and not still pondering what to do forever. That would be a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseWorks View Post
                I hope that you make a decision soon and not still pondering what to do forever. That would be a waste.
                Yes we are serious and have made 4 offers so for. 2 were $3-$5k less than what the winning offer was and in the other 2 we had the higher money offer but the other offers were unconditional.

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                  I bought it off a student to help him out at the time.
                  God you are full of it !

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                  I don't coach anymore. But I wouldn't buy Huntly again, it was a complete headache in every regard.
                  People like you who make the papers for ripping people off with property investment have no place being a coach - period !

IMHO - Christchurch is the best place for capital gain - whole city being improved - in the process of being the most modern
                  lifestyle city in NZ - get in now not on the bandwagon.

Comment

Won't ChCh prices settle as more stock is returned to the market in both rental returns and sale prices? How much are rents even sales to an extent driven up by transient workers who will leave as the rebuild dries up?
                    How long will it take to drop the earthquake stigma of the city?

I've spend a large chunk of time in Christchurch prior to the earthquakes and almost moved up there at the time and agree it is a nice city however I'm not sure Id be so comfortable moving there now.

Comment

Originally posted by tulips View Post
                      God you are full of it !

People like you who make the papers for ripping people off with property investment have no place being a coach - period !

IMHO - Christchurch is the best place for capital gain - whole city being improved - in the process of being the most modern
                      lifestyle city in NZ - get in now not on the bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by tulips View Post
                        A property investment coach who isn't ripping people off isn't doing it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
                          Won't ChCh prices settle as more stock is returned to the market in both rental returns and sale prices? How much are rents even sales to an extent driven up by transient workers who will leave as the rebuild dries up?
                          How long will it take to drop the earthquake stigma of the city?

I've spend a large chunk of time in Christchurch prior to the earthquakes and almost moved up there at the time and agree it is a nice city however I'm not sure Id be so comfortable moving there now.
                          Funnily enough you are probably MUCH safer in Christchurch now than in most places of NZ. Reason = the dangerous buildings fell down in the quakes or were demolished afterwards. E.g. I go to wellington every so often for work. Scary as on those narrow streets with towering brick buildings either side...

Comment

Working...
                          X