Bathroom - Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom - Where to start?

So I'm replacing an old 1950's bathroom but I'm a bit confused on which order I need the tradesmen to come in.

At the moment I have completely gutted the bathroom and also removed wall linings and ceiling.

I know I need a plumber, builder and sparky but at which order should I get them to come in.

I've already had the plumber in to give me a quote and I've got all the fittings that are needed so I'm just wondering what I do from here?

Thanks

the plumber and electrician need to run wires and pipes and the builder needs to put fixings in the walls prior to lining so you really need them all

Comment

Originally posted by Nesian View Post
      I know I need a plumber, builder and sparky but at which order should I get them to come in.
      You need the plumber and sparky there both before and after the wall linings are done. Before to route cables and piping, after to attach/connect fixtures.

Comment

The plumber and electrician's work is needed to be done before the builder because if builder comes first.. the plumber and electrician would reopen the walls to the wiring etc..

Comment

Also, for the shower installation, you will need to coordinate between the builder and plumber. Some tradies are good as in they are willing to call the other profession and coordinate but it really depends on them. I find it that Electrician's can work at the end the best unless if you are changing location of swtiches/powerpoints etc.
          www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
          # Property Management
          # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Depends on what stuff you're doing. Get a good builder who can oversee everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerk View Post
              Depends on what stuff you're doing. Get a good builder who can oversee everything.
              +1, hire a builder to oversee it and use their subbies. Since you've sourced stuff just ask to do it at cost +10%, that's a lot cheaper than making a mistake.
              Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Working...
              X