Anyone read new Phil Jones Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone read new Phil Jones Book?

I see a new Phil Jones book advertised to the left of the screen.

Has anyone read it/formed an opinion on it yet?

The Dog

HI,

Ive read the book. In hindsight I would of saved my money and put it towards another property! Once again its just a re-hash of what everyone knows - recycle equity etc - Oh, and for a $40.00 book it was poorly edited!
    I think you get better value for money/time on this site.
    'When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change' Wayne Dyer

Comment

I glanced at it. The print is really big so it should be good for children and old people.
      Julian
      Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

Comment

It was the very thing that inspired me and my hubby to look into property investing.
        Picked it up at the airport 6 weeks ago and read it from cover to cover. We were about to start down the 'negative gearing' road and suddenly realised that we COULD make money from investing. I personally think it was worth every cent, but then we are new to the game. Experienced investors have probably heard it all before, but it certainly spurred us into taking action. Plugs Richmastery a lot, but then so would I if it was my book and the contributors had used my methods to achieve their goals. A top read for new investors I reckon.
        Cheers
        Heg
        Jo Birch
        Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
        +61 450 148 678

Comment

Hi Heg

I have read the book as well, it is not a technical read but more of a biography of purchasers and their experiences with ESC products. The word 'Richmastery' appears about 967+/- times!

Just be aware that this book generally focuses on a certain segment of the market ie residential property in the lower soco economic areas and in particular small population centers in New Zealand and Australia. It is these smaller towns along with the apartment market and coastal property that is most likely to see some softening in prices and rents.

You will get a more balanced view of residential property investment from this website and your local property investors association.

Comment

Hi Propoholic,
            I completely agree, - yes it is just a form of biography from investors who have been successful and have (99%) followed the Richmastery education.
            However as a tool for 'firing us up' and for showing us that negative gearing was NOT the way to go, I thought it was money well spent. We would not have known about the Steve Mcknight seminar that we attended a few weeks ago if it wasn't for reading this book and linking to RM website. And that was a day that was worth every cent. We are rapidly gaining a better insight into investing by attending courses and using this forum, and intend to do a lot more research before we make our first purchase. However I think Phil's book is still a good read for a new investor.
            Cheers
            Heg
            p.s
            do I get my commission from Phil now?
            Jo Birch
            Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
            +61 450 148 678

Comment

I've read it - you can check out my 'comments' here:

http://www.propertytalk.com/componen...00/Itemid,116/

Anyone can put their comments in our 'bookstore'. It does helps others in their choices.

Cheers,

Donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Similar Threads - nifty bit of functionality

Hey I've just discovered the 'similar threads' function of this forum.

Good stuff - it's situated near the end of the page.

haha

Donna

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Julian
                  I glanced at it. The print is really big so it should be good for children and old people.
                  Julian
                  well i guess i better rush off and read it! i fit into the "old but childish" catergory
                  Last edited by Marcus; 27-07-2005, 08:29 PM. Reason: Fix quote box

Comment

If you do - please buy it from our bookstore

Yay!

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments.

I think, given that it look's like just another promotional tool for ESC, I will give it a miss.

I am, however, looking forward to the next book, "How I LOST riches in 3 years by being highly geared and buying in small town markets that are only sustainable in a boom"

I'm also looking forward to Julian's new book "Gardening is a mug's game"

The Dog

Comment

It never ceases to amaze us that when 40 of New Zealands most successful investors come together in How to Get Rich Rewards in Real Estate in 3 Years to share some of the strategies they have used to generate wealth, that some members of this forum look for a reason not to learn from them rather to learn from them.

Who cares where these people learnt their strategies from? The point of the book is if they can do it so can you.

Problem is its hard to learn when your focused on saving $40 rather than learning how to make thousands.

Ignorance is not an investing strategy!

Comment

Heg,

As an agent for 'Ray White' how is it that you were unaware you COULD make money from investing?

Is the negative gearing stratagy a popular 'tool of persuasion' during sales and marketing campaigns in your office/company?

Juuko

Comment

Juuko,
                            Yes, it surprises me how many people in real estate are only in it in a superficial way. I have a friend who is one of the most successful real estate salespersons in the country (in transactions completed rather than dollar value) and he is always working on himself, building his knowledge, building his skills, building his contact base. Other staff in his office say that they aspire to have his level of success, but when he suggests that they join him on some conference or seminar they baulk at the prospect. He has about 10 investment properties, and can therefore relate to how an investor thinks. This guy lives, breathes and thinks real estate - the essense of success.
                            Good on you Heg for trying to learn about a good market segment - investors - they can help you line your pockets with gold.
                            Julian
                            Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

Comment

The problem I have Richmastery, is that you can't help yourself.

You put the title of the book in bold. Everything, but everything with Richmastery is marketing.

It's not saving $40 I'm worried about. It's spending $40 and the time to wade through all that marketing only to find I could have spent $40 elsewhere and actually learned something new.

Ignorance is not an investment strategy. Agreed. Neither is arrogance.

Comment

Working...
                              X