• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Chris gray on YouTube

https://youtu.be/bEuN-ee9xXs

Anyone seen this clip? Pretty long but he has some pretty cool notions of accepting low yields over long term. The example of the two house scheme (around the 18th minute) was quite interesting I thought.
    Thoughts if you've seen it?
    Last edited by donna; 13-07-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo85 View Post
    https://youtu.be/bEuN-ee9xXs

Anyone seen this clip? Pretty long but he has some pretty cool notions of accepting low yields over long term. The example of the two house scheme (around the 18th minute) was quite interesting I thought.
    Thoughts if you've seen it?
    Borrowing on a first property to service a second?

Any nz mortgage brokers think this is possible here?

Don't think so. Depending on salary you might buy one or two low yielding auckland properties before cashflow limits are hit. As opposed to an Orion type approach where yields allow continued buying and very large portfolio's to be built up.

Chris Gray would fail on servicing requirements in NZ buying neg geared and not having income to cover interest expenses, no bank in their right mind would accept borrowing each year against a first property to cover costs of a second, on the assumption that capital growth would keep fueling the working capital requirements (mortgage brokers please correct me if I'm wrong)

21minute onwards.

Basically Chris is saying use revolving credit (equity) to pay for the negative cashflow, then bank on the capital gains. Overtime, wait for the rent to catch up.

That's pretty bold, that's assuming property prices will keep going up, just as it does long term in the past 50+ years.

Haven't seen so many spruikers this time around.
    Still licking their wounds from going bust such a short while ago I guess.

Russian roulette any one?
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

he did seem a bit overly confident in everything working out fine in the long run( I definitely don't like the sound of 2% yields!!!) he made me think that if you had three equally valued properties that were all cashflow neutral after all expenses (I/o mortgages) and they doubled every ten years in value, you would then be able to sell one of said properties after 20 years to knock off all the debt and still own two outright.
    I imagine that theory may already be out there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Lin View Post
    21minute onwards.

Basically Chris is saying use revolving credit (equity) to pay for the negative cashflow, then bank on the capital gains. Overtime, wait for the rent to catch up.

That's pretty bold, that's assuming property prices will keep going up, just as it does long term in the past 50+ years.
    Is this method of using revolving credit to pay for negatively geared property the same method promoted by Michael Yardney from Metropole?
    I attended a seminar several years ago presented by Michael (didn't act on it unfortunately) and from memory he outlined a method whereby a large revolving credit facility was used to offset negatively geared properties. The long term plan being the capital gains will cover the cost of any overdraft facility.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
    Is this method of using revolving credit to pay for negatively geared property the same method promoted by Michael Yardney from Metropole?
    I attended a seminar several years ago presented by Michael (didn't act on it unfortunately) and from memory he outlined a method whereby a large revolving credit facility was used to offset negatively geared properties. The long term plan being the capital gains will cover the cost of any overdraft facility.
    I haven't heard MY speak, but if the property market there is all negative yielding, then there is only one strategy to buy property, which is negative gearing.

And Govt are changing tax laws to make that less of an attractive option.

Budget 2015: Buy-to-let tax break to be cut

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33447991

I do find his strategy far too risky in my opinion. However, if you are on a high income and a stable job then maybe worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDreamer View Post
    I do find his strategy far too risky in my opinion. However, if you are on a high income and a stable job then maybe worth it.
    To be fair, I think that kind of strategy is probably the only option in major centres like Sydney and Melbourne.

But then these guys are selling their knowledge/service for $$$ *shrug*

Thread Information