• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11

    Default

    Thanks for the head up Gary

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,364

    Default

    Like this comment in the 1st article that came up in google
    "The joke now doing the rounds is: if you want to punish your child, you threaten to pass on property to them," he said. "Greeks traditionally have always regarded property as a secure investment. But now it has become a huge millstone, given that the tax burden has increased sevenfold in the past two years alone."
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...roperty-market

    No idea how much it is though but some of the prices are pretty good.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Like this comment in the 1st article that came up in google

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...roperty-market

    No idea how much it is though but some of the prices are pretty good.
    Good read, need to research more on tax.

    May consider if they start using Drachma.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Someone seriously needs a reality check:



    Do you understand the consequences of this?

    My Father's generation saw this **** in Europe. Bloody hell, it didn't take long to rear it's ugly head again. And you Mr "foreign property speculator" will be one of the first to pay.
    Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 01-08-2015 at 11:24 PM.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelNZ View Post

    Do you understand the consequences of this?

    My Father's generation saw this **** in Europe. Bloody hell, it didn't take long to rear it's ugly head again. And you Mr "foreign property speculator" will be one of the first to pay.
    Thanks for sharing this video.

    The demise of great Roman empire and birth place of democracy.

    Good lesson to learn from this shit!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,364

    Default

    Thanks for the video MichaelNZ.
    Conditions in Greece are ripe for this sort of thing.
    Given the doco is made to specifically show this so isn't exactly un-biased the message is hugely worrying.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,885

    Default

    Golden Dawn aims to turn immigrants into 'soaps'... 'we might get a rash, so just use it to wash cars and pavements...'

    Oh dear...

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Lin View Post
    Golden Dawn aims to turn immigrants into 'soaps'... 'we might get a rash, so just use it to wash cars and pavements...'

    Oh dear...
    and lampshades.
    I was trying to ignore that person.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Thanks for the video MichaelNZ.
    Conditions in Greece are ripe for this sort of thing.
    Given the doco is made to specifically show this so isn't exactly un-biased the message is hugely worrying.
    The video is distributed by Journeyman, not Fox. I suggest you have a look at their website: https://jman.tv/

    I think you will find their programs (which are produced by independents around the world) are by and large pretty good quality.

    The rise of the Golden Dawn in Greece has been well documented by several different media sources.

    I strongly suggest anyone looking at investing in Greece to go and study Post WW1 Europe, especially Germany.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Versailles

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelNZ View Post
    The video is distributed by Journeyman, not Fox. I suggest you have a look at their website: https://jman.tv/

    I think you will find their programs (which are produced by independents around the world) are by and large pretty good quality.

    The rise of the Golden Dawn in Greece has been well documented by several different media sources.
    Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that it isn't true.
    My point was that, as is the case with all these sorts of things, they have a story to tell and they do.
    It makes it look like they have taken over already - there is not a lot of balance.
    I think it is a concerning development - the time is ripe in Greece for this sort of thing to really take a hold on the people.


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Properties in a trust and personal properties
    By nabd in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-11-2015, 02:43 PM
  2. Comparing High Capital Growth Properties and High Cashflow Properties
    By buxlo122 in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 08:52 AM
  3. Offsetting -CF properties with +CF properties
    By bmrnz in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-10-2012, 07:59 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-03-2010, 09:41 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 11:31 AM
  6. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-01-2010, 12:33 PM
  7. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-12-2009, 10:09 AM
  8. Greece on the Verge of Bankruptcy
    By Marc in forum Regions News (Euro)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 04:27 PM
  9. 2 Properties,2 Contracts to create 5 properties. Best way to buy?
    By Flamingo in forum Finance, legal and tax (NZ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-01-2006, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •