Greece Properties, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greece Properties, anyone?

Anyone has experience investing properties in Greece?

Kind to share?

Thank you.

Strange usage of the word investing.

Comment

Put it in the Europe section, so it doesn't push far more relevant NZ threads off the page.

Comment

If I'm a billionaire, I won't mind splash a few million on a nice island there for sure!

Comment

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

cheers
          Spaceman

Comment

The situation in Greece is critical:http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/new...ectid=11475346
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

"To revive the housing market, the Greek government recently offered residence to non-EU investors purchasing or renting property worth over €250,000. The residence plan, which is similar to measures adopted by Hungary, Spain and Portugal, is valid for five years and open to renewal." (Source: GlobalPropertyGuide)

I think Chinese investors may be keen. If Greece was up for sale, think they will be keen too.

Comment

Rich chinese want to invest where its stable economy, and out of the communist iron curtain.

Greece is too speculative.

If they want to speculate they would have enjoyed their roller coaster ride on the chinese stockmarket already!

Comment

Gary, I am not speculating. I want to buy and keep during my life time. Greece is the birth place of democracy, good to own one property there. My plan is to own at least one property in all major cities. After all, don't we all want to buy at low?

Famous quote but not many follow, "“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

Comment

You better find out what the annual rates are and what happens if you fail to pay that.

some states in US confiscates land when land taxes not paid, and many states land taxes are very dear!

dont buy into similar trap in greece

Comment

Thanks for the head up Gary

Comment

Like this comment in the 1st article that came up in google
                        "The joke now doing the rounds is: if you want to punish your child, you threaten to pass on property to them," he said. "Greeks traditionally have always regarded property as a secure investment. But now it has become a huge millstone, given that the tax burden has increased sevenfold in the past two years alone."

No idea how much it is though but some of the prices are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                          Like this comment in the 1st article that came up in google

No idea how much it is though but some of the prices are pretty good.
                          Good read, need to research more on tax.

May consider if they start using Drachma.

Comment

Someone seriously needs a reality check:

Do you understand the consequences of this?

My Father's generation saw this **** in Europe. Bloody hell, it didn't take long to rear it's ugly head again. And you Mr "foreign property speculator" will be one of the first to pay.
                            Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 01-08-2015, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post

Do you understand the consequences of this?

My Father's generation saw this **** in Europe. Bloody hell, it didn't take long to rear it's ugly head again. And you Mr "foreign property speculator" will be one of the first to pay.
                              Thanks for sharing this video.

The demise of great Roman empire and birth place of democracy.

Good lesson to learn from this shit!

Comment

Working...
                              X