Admin where's the edit button...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin where's the edit button...

It's showing on this my 1st post & not my previous posts.

Thanx

Roger
    Last edited by Roger_2004; 22-07-2005, 07:48 PM.

Hi Roger,

I believe all previous posts made back in pt.nz are now archived.

This means they can be viewed but not edited.

Regards,
    Marcus.

Comment

Hi Roger

If you aren't logged on then the edit button will not show.

Caught me out too. I thought I was logged on but wasn't. Therefore I couldn't see the edit button but when I logged on, viola there it was.

Regards
      "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus
        I believe all previous posts made back in pt.nz are now archived. This means they can be viewed but not edited.
        Stink one! Reason been the links I've created to link to other PT.co.nz threads, are directing traffic to the PT.com forum thread instead!

Originally posted by muppet

If you aren't logged on then the edit button will not show.

Caught me out too. I thought I was logged on but wasn't. Therefore I couldn't see the edit button but when I logged on, viola there it was.
        Yes I am logged on, no difference!

Thanx!

Roger
        Last edited by Roger_2004; 22-07-2005, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I also get this jumping screen thing all the time. And when I type an entry I sometimes have to mouse click back into it as it jumps out in mid sentence. Also I'm getting no notifications of new replies to anything??

Comment

Poomba goto your user cp at top. there is a setting to allow email notification

Comment

Hi Dean

You said:
              I also get this jumping screen thing all the time. And when I type an entry I sometimes have to mouse click back into it as it jumps out in mid sentence. Also I'm getting no notifications of new replies to anything??

Not sure where the quote button is however my screen is jumping around abit too.
              Probably the rabbits I've got housed out the back.

As for notifications of new posts I have just noticed that when you goto the Property Investment Forums - look in New Zealand for example you will see where all the sub forums are listed, they have a small box in front of them. If there is a new post that little box will be a lighter colour instead of being blue.

Regards
              "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

The screen tends to jump to the top once it has completely loaded, which can take a time all the smilies have to download.

Try waiting until the Status bar shows 'Done' before starting to compose your message.

cube
                DFTBA

Comment

As for notifications of new posts I have just noticed that when you goto the Property Investment Forums - look in New Zealand for example you will see where all the sub forums are listed, they have a small box in front of them. If there is a new post that little box will be a lighter colour instead of being blue.

Regards
                  Hey team - you need to change a perference in your profile to get email notifications on posts - if you set it there then by default you will get an email everytime someone posts in the same thread.

To do this click on the "User CP" link in the blue strip above and then on the next page you will see a left hand column and one linked called "Edit Options" in that page you will see a section called " Messaging & Notification " in there you will find your default seetings for how you want to get notification of a new post in a thread you have already posted in. Also when you post look right below the editor window and you will see "Additional Options" and in there is a "Additional Options" section where you can set notification for this thread only.

Cheers

Marc
                  Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Originally posted by Muppet
                    Not sure where the quote button is
                    Hey Muppet,

Its much the same as pt.nz. Highlight text to quote and click the icon that looks like this .

If you want the Originally Posted by xxxxx then either use the quote button in the bottom right hand corner of the post you wish to quote or for smaller snippets copy/paste text, highlight text and click , then add =(the posters name) in the first set of brackets like this:
                    PHP Code:
                    [QUOTE=Muppet]Not sure where the quote button is [/QUOTE
                    Hope that helps.

Regards,
                    Marcus.

ps. Roger, sorry for leading you astray earlier. Lucky Muppet was on the ball
                    Last edited by Marcus; 23-07-2005, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Not sure where the quote button is however my screen is jumping around abit too.
                      Probably the rabbits I've got housed out the back.
                      I think the quote button is the one at the bottom of the message called 'Quote'. But that is just a guess.

My screen jumps around as well, and I dont have any rabbits.

Comment

Marcus and RentMaster are both right - the 'Quote' button at the bottom of a post is a quick way to quote the whole message in a reply.

In composing a reply, the speech bubble button allows quotes to be customised.

cube
                        DFTBA

Comment

Just testing this, have you noticed when you select to quote the whole previously quoted message does not get included.

Just testing image in nation?

Comment

Hi

My screen is jumping around too. I was wondering if anyone knows how to go to the newest post in a thread. When I click on the appropriate button it always talks me to the beginning of a thread.

Maybe it is just me missing something.

Thanks

Tamara
                            You don't know how great things are until you loose it.

Comment

Originally posted by tamara
                              Hi

My screen is jumping around too. I was wondering if anyone knows how to go to the newest post in a thread. When I click on the appropriate button it always talks me to the beginning of a thread.

Maybe it is just me missing something.

Thanks

Tamara
                              You need to wait till the page is fully loaded. Then press View first unread and it takes you down to the new post.

Comment

Working...
                              X