Cyclone Pam - TV Aerial Destroyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclone Pam - TV Aerial Destroyer?

Looks like shes going to be bad news: http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-p...gger-than-bola

I have a freeview aerial on an east coast property which is a bit loose from the last cyclone still. I want to fix this permanently. It's currently been screwed on to the barge boards (where the guttering attaches) and the bolts are slowly wiggling loose, there is no access to attach nuts to the other side though. Any handy types able to suggest a long term fix? I don't want the hassle of losing it and having to pay insurance excess/deal with tenants. Thinking about extending the bracket some how to add more surface area at this stage but unsure how I could do this (not handy with welding etc).

Advice appreciated.

Bigger bolts if the current ones are enlarging the holes and stays to brace it back to the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Bigger bolts if the current ones are enlarging the holes and stays to brace it back to the roof.
      Stays... Genius! Thanks Wayne. Any suggestions on how to anchor stays to tin roof (decramastic coating) without creating leaks? Assuming wire for the stays but not sure about anchors.

Comment

Buildex screws (the ones with the rubber bit) and silicon (roofing type).
        Screw to the edge where the timber is (the down lip is even better if the stay suits).
        Drill a hole, fill hole with silicon and screw in.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
          Buildex screws (the ones with the rubber bit) and silicon (roofing type).
          Screw to the edge where the timber is (the down lip is even better if the stay suits).
          Drill a hole, fill hole with silicon and screw in.
          Cheers Wayne that makes sense...and good luck for the cyclone!

Comment

Working...
          X