• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Leftette View Post
    Can I ask why Graeme sports a 'reverse mowhawk'?
    Male pattern baldness

Nah - that's a definitive carved out "V" shape.

Buy lot's of +ve cash flow properties in the boonies?

Secret to early retirement would be selling the lot off to some bunny or running seminars.
    Cause the tenant chasing and maintenance bills are going to be a problem.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Yes to call that retired is quite funny. He works harder than most people you can be sure of that!

I didn't want my first post to be a plug for my stuff that's going on (I actually signed up to discuss my frustrations with what the govt are talking about doing to investors at the moment), but this was the first thread I've read and think that this is relevant:

makingretirement.com

That's my blog where I share the info about my finances (I'm pretty open) and my investments. It chronologues my quest for (early as possible) retirement through my various investments and the struggles I'm having along the way. Unlike this guy that has lots of houses, my simple goal is to own 5.

Agreed, it's not a passive income if you still have to do stuff. Thing is, he might enjoy doing that stuff or the challenge of what he's doing - that's when it becomes a hobby.

Admittedly, I used to find property investment fun before they brought out the 20% LVR rule - because it was easy for me to play financial games. Now I'm turning more to shares as investments (of late)

Quote Originally Posted by lewyh View Post
    Admittedly, I used to find property investment fun before they brought out the 20% LVR rule - because it was easy for me to play financial games. Now I'm turning more to shares as investments (of late)
    I hpe you are declaring your share trading though you seem to make mostly losses at the moment.

Yeah it sucks at the moment, it was going so well when I started I have faith and am learning with every trade.

I think I'll have to talk to the accountant to see what I need to do with these at the end of the year, because I'm terrible with tax and govt forms (ironically, working in a govt department).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lewyh View Post
    Yeah it sucks at the moment, it was going so well when I started I have faith and am learning with every trade.

I think I'll have to talk to the accountant to see what I need to do with these at the end of the year,
    I think you do need to talk to someone.
    Seems to me your trades are very short term and you swing around on your strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I think you do need to talk to someone.
    Seems to me your trades are very short term and you swing around on your strategy.
    We'll see. So far I've made 2% on my money (inc dividends) and I've only been going about a month or so. To be honest, my trades are pretty short mainly because I'm inpatient and trading it fun - the waiting is not lol. However, I'd love any advice seasoned investors can offer - mistakes they've made, how you think the markets move, strategies or resources you use, etc...

I'm a bit of an odd ball because I love to try to discover and work thing out myself, but at the same time I do appreciate advice from people who've been doing something longer than me... I'm just enjoying my play time at the moment

Thread Information