Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arriving on the 11th August from Ireland

Hi All,

I have gained so much from this site so on the risk of sounding repetative Big thanks to you all.

I feel that I am in a good position for buying a few IP's close after arrival in NZ. Myself and my partner have mortgage approval of 580,000 and we have spoke to several MB's who have suggested different amounts once rental income is taken into consideration in addition to the 580,000. I plan to not purchase anything for at least the first 2-3 months as I really need to get to know the market a bit better.

Guys this is a massive step for me and my partner and I guess I have 2 major questions for you all:

1. Would anyone be available for a cup of coffee any time after 11th of August, I guess it'd be great if someone could just mark out the nice areas versus the bad areas etc etc.... Some advice on the do's and don't and particularly the have done and won't do's again?

2. Secondly does anyone have a property available for 2-3 months, 2 bed upwards would be nice and within the 30-40 mins area around Auckland CBD?

Thanking you all again.

Felipo

Re: Arriving on the 11th August from Ireland

1. Would anyone be available for a cup of coffee any time after 11th of August, I guess it'd be great if someone could just mark out the nice areas versus the bad areas etc etc.... Some advice on the do's and don't and particularly the have done and won't do's again?
    We have been having small gatherings all over the country for lunches and a chat so keep your eyes open on the forums for next one when you are here.
    Also There is a book on Auckland suburbs and places to live available too

2. Secondly does anyone have a property available for 2-3 months, 2 bed upwards would be nice and within the 30-40 mins area around Auckland CBD?
    Auckland CBD market is dropping off as rental agents offer 1st week free and lowered weekly rents. You should not have a problem especially as other newly built apartment blocks come on line.

Comment

Re: Arriving on the 11th August from Ireland

Originally posted by whitt
      Also There is a book on Auckland suburbs and places to live available too
      "Where to live in Auckland" by Barbican Publishing Limited

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm going to buy that book, I saw it advertised on www.nzherald.co.nz so it should be an interesting read.

Thats bad news about the rental market though.

Comment

Working...
        X