Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice needed on cancelling property management contract

Hi,
    I signed my house with a property management company several months ago when I was very stressed for time and didn't do enough research, the contract with them only began two weeks ago so house is not rented yet but have been following feedback on the Dunedin houses to rent Facebook page which has 5000 members and they are getting a LOT of bad press, so many people unhappy with them and some tenants who are interested in renting the place are being put off because of it. We would like to offer the place to these tenants through an agent of their choice, but our contract says one month notice to exit contract: what is the best means to get out of it and give these guys the house-cancel with the managers, not give them the reason and say we don't need them to get it rented? What happens in the one month period? Can we assign it to new managers to show people through etc if this couple don't want it? Can the couple that might want it move in before our one month notice is over? Help appreciated!!

Certainly I would give the one-months notice - tomorrow.
    At least that then sets the clock running.

Once that is done you can start to sort out the rest of the conundrum.

Comment

Do they start with O? Just ran off to join. Hopefully its not Click they have been doing a good job of hours for a couple of years now.

Comment

If the house is still vacant, that might
        improve your contract voiding options.

Comment

You will see pretty quick who it is although some of the posts have been deleted. I told the couple that we're going through to let me know how it was and if they were completely put off we would look at getting out of our contract for them, they got back to us after their viewing today saying the agent was really friendly and nothing like what people had been making out on the Facebook page and really sold the house, weren't pushy or antagonising with the contract like ppl had said and knew a lot about the property so have put in an application so we are staying put in the interim. Have told them if they had any major problems in the future we would be happy to look into it. Hopefully this is problem solved and we have our house rented and will hear no more about it, fingers crossed ��

Comment

A lot of the comments seems to be from people who may not have been ideal tenants and needed keeping inline, Id imagine most PMs have a few clients that don't have good things to say about them That page looks promising loads of demand out there. And seems like a lot of LLs in Dunedin haven't heard of the RTA or chose to forget about it.

Comment

Working...
            X