tenants neighbour noisy cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
    My suggestion is you need to escalate the dispute and get really angry with someone. Like go and personally visit the landlord and start shouting loudly at them without actually threatening them.
    Make life horrible for the tenants next door. Very few people in New Zealand cope very well with loud angry disputes. Most people want to be decent and loveable.
    Share the pain.
    That could work.
    Last edited by revdev; 09-02-2015, 08:11 AM. Reason: Fix quote

Comment

In Glenns direction my personal favourites are, put raw eggs up their exhaust pipe OR force a large potato over end of exhaust until it creates a plug. They'll soon move their car :-)

Comment

Hi, please any one can let me know how to find the landlord and tenants' name? Address? Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by refreshing View Post
          Hi, please any one can let me know how to find the landlord and tenants' name? Address? Many thanks
          You can look up the owner on either LINZ or Terranet. You have to pay a small fee on Terranet but once you get the name by searching on the address you then do a search on name (for free) to come up with all the addresses that owner has an interest in. As a general rule property investors live in a property they own. That rule of course gets thrown out when the owner is a lady and she is living with her new boy friend or other similar problems. In an ideal (old school) world that owner will have a white pages listing.
          I am not aware of a nice legal way of finding out the name of the tenant. It used to be possible to do a Moto check on the car registration and find the owner. These days the only people who can do that are car dealers and petrol station owners. Hint hint.
          To be honest most of these sort of problems have a natural way of resolving themselves. Like most tenants move regularly and so there is bound to be a turn over of tenants before long. The only problem with that sort of solution is certain types of properties seem to attract the same sort of tenants again and again.
          If that is the case you will never be free of the heat from the fire. When you can not stand the heat in the kitchen the best advise is to move.

Comment

Many thanks Glen. What you said is all very true. Never thought the long driveway would be such a pain, when the neighbour tenants drive modified cars and being inconsiderate! The property is an old small three bedrooms, last tenants were beneficiaries. That's the sort. The owner tried to sell the big section to develop but failed last year. some people just can be so hard to deal with.

Comment

Hi refreshing, just wondering if you resolved the problem, and what the process was like? We're going through a very similar problem right now and have gotten similar responses from the police. Any help, advice, or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

There's more than 1 way to skin a cat.

If vehicles are involved (ie boyracers) then start not g down the regos. Photos if you can. Find a helpful cop on traffic and pass on said details.

Hopefully the WOF/rego or both are out. If so, anytime the car is on the road (take a photo, even if friends car visiting), or if they leave at set times, note it down and forward to cop.

Few tickets later they seem to move on :-)

Gentle motivation and no spineless courts.

Comment

Part of me thinks 'Embrace it!!' I love noisy V8's

The other part thinks wrap a big blob of Vegemite up in a flammable material (cling film) and shove it up the exhaust with a broom stick. That will soon start stinking!

The remaining part of me thinks that's highly irresponsible, and endangering yourself, so best take the advice of others document everything. Many a big time gangster has been brought down by seemingly unrelated minor offences (unrelated to their main criminal activity is what I mean).

Comment

Originally posted by refreshing View Post
                    Hi, please help with some advice

I own and live in a property, the neighbour are three new moved in young people, each own either V8 or modified cars. The problem is their long drive way passes beside my house slide door only 3 meters away. Whenever the car parks right beside my house and starts, the noise is like a bomb set off suddenly! My whole body shaking! Not to say this happened at 7am Monday to Friday, 8am weekend and often late at night! Imagine a quiet weekend afternoon it happened suddenly and just destroyed everything!

I went around and asked the young guy and girl nicely, just to Park the car away not right beside the house, it's still on their drive, just 4more meters walk down to their house. but **** off is what I got. Contacted land lord, she said she can do nothing.

Can anything be done to relieve my suffering please. My elder parents are going to move in soon, cannot endure this really.

Many thanks.
                    Hi Refreshing

You can serve a 14 day notice on the landlord and they legally have to act on it.

If it still happens after 14 days then take it to tribunal.

Hope that helps
                    Fraser Wilkinson
                    www.managemyrental.co.nz
                    Wellington / Lower Hutt / Upper Hutt / Porirua

Comment

Originally posted by FJW View Post
                      Hi Refreshing

You can serve a 14 day notice on the landlord and they legally have to act on it.

If it still happens after 14 days then take it to tribunal.

Hope that helps
                      Are you sure a neighbour can serve a 14 day notice?

Comment

Pfftt. Of course not.

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                          Pfftt. Of course not.
                          Haha.. that's what I thought.. or KNEW actually!! it is disturbing that an 'Expert Property Management Company" (their description of themselves) should post such incorrect misleading information.

Comment

Mmm. OK. Chapter and verse please. How can someone who is not a party to a tenancy issue a 14 day notice?

www.3888444.co.nz
                            Facebook Page

Comment

You'd have to ask FJW, the 'expert' who made the claim..

Comment

Ah, my misinterpretation of your post. Apologies.

Mind you. His comment was made 16 months ago. Maybe he has learned a bit since then?

www.3888444.co.nz
                                Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                                X