Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying South Auckland or Central?

Hi guys,
    i am a newbie here, looking to buy my first home and hopefully set myself up the best possible way to get into property investing in the near future. I am looking at houses 600k and under and is looking at 3 bedroom house so I can live in one room and rent the other two out to help paying off the mortgage ( Will be mostly relying on the rent to pay the mortgage).

Was wondering which option is better - get a fee simple with at least 600 square meter land out south or cross lease property in central Auckland( looks like i can only afford cross lease if i want to go with central) or any other suggestion?

I work in Botany so have been looking at area such as Manurewa, Fovona, Randwick park,Mangere, any area i should avoid as i will be living in it? Any area that is up and coming?

Thanks a lot!

Close to work would be my choice.
    Put the time & $ saved from commuting towards paying the mortgage.
    Trade the car in for a bicycle! (Saves $$$).

Best growth I've had is from boring 3brm box on freehold section.
    Cross lease is ok - just avoid leasehold.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

hi there if i avoid mangere east, if you want to buy in manegere try mangere bridge, safer for owner occupier thanks

Comment

Given that you live in Botany, I hope you know what you are getting yourself into if you move into Mangere or Randwick. It is so much different and very rough.

Manurewa has some great areas and I would recommend it as opposed to the other locations you mentioned.
        www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
        # Property Management
        # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

I don't know why you wouldn't buy in Botany, Pakuranga Heights, bad parts of Howick. You can still buy out our way sub 600. WAAAAAY better idea that South Auckland.

Just a couple of examples off trademe
          Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

Last edited by Damap; 06-01-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Damap - I think both the last 2 are plaster cladding. First one is a good choice but from Nelly55's post it looks like they are after 600sqm land.
            www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
            # Property Management
            # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Just examples. I invest in that whole area there's plenty of good stock under 600K I'd rather have a cross lease in Pakuranga than a full site in Manurewa anyway :-)

Comment

How about Te ATatu South? Is this a good place? There are properties on the high $700K on the market, worth this much?

Comment

Strong rental demand but hard to imagine those prices. Welcome to Auckland. We all have our biases most areas are pretty solid. I went to church in the west but can't stand "westie" culture so I would never buy there. I like East too much!

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                    Strong rental demand but hard to imagine those prices. Welcome to Auckland. We all have our biases most areas are pretty solid. I went to church in the west but can't stand "westie" culture so I would never buy there. I like East too much!
                    East is definitely great. I wish I could afford an investment property here in the East. Well, at least I can live here so I can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                      Thanks Damap...

There is a property in 24 Riverglade Parkway listed. Current 2014 CV is $740K and price indication is on the high 7s.

Auckland Council has just supported the inflated house prices sadly....

Comment

Brother, dont worry, THE DEAL OF THE WEEK,comes once or twice a month, be positive

“Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.”

Comment

If you can afford Te Atatu you can afford East. Pakuranga heights or down on the edgewater side. Nappy valley in behind bucks is still cheap. You'll do far better there. Mate of mine just bought on Glenmore Road 650K 4 bed house!! You just have to look a bit harder man.

Comment

well said,Thumbs up Damap.

“Life doesn't forgive weakness.”

Comment

If you're looking in that price range buy this:

or this:

or this

Of course there are better deals but these are all solid areas.
                              bullet proof real estate but the mcleans one is the best. Tidy it up downstairs and wait fro an asian buyer if you dont want to keep it

Comment

Working...
                              X