immigration flows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immigration flows

a site that showsthe to and fros of immigrants + migrantshttp://peoplemov.in/#t_NZ
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

China already number 2. Wow. Great site Eri thinks so much!

Comment

Nice site, eri, pity it's 2010 data. Hopefully they'll update it at some point.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

There are 69,000 more people here at the end of last month than there were at the same time last year.

Now that's down from the peak of 72, but it's still big.

And yet this week, no outcry. Barely a whimper. Why?

Here's my guess - because the majority of the noise was coming from the left.

They hated National, Labour promised to change it.

Labour hasn't, the supporters are embarrassed so they're quiet and hope it will all go away without anyone noticing.

Well sorry, I'm still here, and in a weird way grateful.

Grateful that Labour has clearly woken up to the fact they actually need these people.

Another 69,000 people have moved to NZ in the past year - and that's good news.
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
          There are 69,000 more people here at the end of last month than there were at the same time last year.

Now that's down from the peak of 72, but it's still big.

And yet this week, no outcry. Barely a whimper. Why?

Here's my guess - because the majority of the noise was coming from the left.

They hated National, Labour promised to change it.

Labour hasn't, the supporters are embarrassed so they're quiet and hope it will all go away without anyone noticing.

Well sorry, I'm still here, and in a weird way grateful.

Grateful that Labour has clearly woken up to the fact they actually need these people.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=12040490
          But do we?

really?

Because when you import a worker fully grown, you also import other things.

like customs and family connections, and ideologies.

Which might not mesh well with your own.

Where as if you grow and build your own workers they are more tuned to your environment.

It's pure incompetence not to be able to take a perfectly formed baby and fill it with the skills and attitudes to fit your needs.

Comment

Im curious about recent worldwide repatriations. Has this increased or decreased the population of NZ? Housing is a supply and demand issue and will be affected to population changes. I also wonder how many Kiwis will return from Aussie because of their appalling treatment of non citizen taxpayers. Apparently there are over 600000 kiwis in Aus

Comment

Originally posted by motivated View Post
              Im curious about recent worldwide repatriations. Has this increased or decreased the population of NZ? Housing is a supply and demand issue and will be affected to population changes. I also wonder how many Kiwis will return from Aussie because of their appalling treatment of non citizen taxpayers. Apparently there are over 600000 kiwis in Aus
              You're looking at the wrong target.
              People is the wrong thing to count.
              It's a smaller target.
              You need to count the money in their pockets.

Comment

Working...
              X