No announcement yet.

Reserve Bank Macro-Prudential Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they have been 'listening' to their budgie talking continual " bird sh#t " they will fail the exams for sure...the Truth is the best treatment in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cpt707 View Post
      If they have been 'listening' to their budgie talking continual " bird sh#t " they will fail the exams for sure...the Truth is the best treatment in this case.

Well, lets go with the full disclosure idea then.

So, back to politicians.

Would it be something like this...

Hi , My name is politician X.

I'm pretty sure I'm way smarter than you,

because I have a law degree and have managed to slide my way into a job where I'm paid many times the working persons wage,

and I get to just get to sit around all day flapping my lips.

I'm so sick of dealing with you morons, you overeat, over smoke, over drink yourselves to death.

You're greedy and crap with money.

Every time I try and do something good for you, you don't want to pay for it.

And complain when you get what you paid for.

You're a bunch of nut-cases pretending to be civilized.

Quite frankly, ever since the discipline and sacrifice of the war generation has wound down, we can't find good people to run the place.
      (Nothing like an imminent invasion by a merciless mechanically assisted mad man to make you pull your socks up).

We know the Banks are reaming you, and the whole financial system.
      We know immigration is destroying your standard of living.

But if we do anything to fiddle with it, the whole economic mess might cave in on itself, and we just don't understand how to restart it once it does that.
      We have no idea how the whole thing even works (just between you and me).

Were a little place, fighting for survival in a world full of really big powerful places, run on the most part by really big and powerful nut-cases.

I'm really sorry that I have to tell you rubbish to keep your rubbish little minds happy.

To be honest, you're unhappy no matter what I tell you, so I go for the answer that gets me happy at lest.

Thanks for your time.

Minister X

Note: This is a parody, any resemblance with real people and places is purely coincidental.
      Last edited by McDuck; 28-02-2020, 12:18 PM. Reason: typo.

Comment

• The History of every major civilization tends to pass through 3 distinct phases: Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication otherwise known as How..Why..and Where. The first phase is characterized by "How can we eat?" "Why do we eat?" and the third by "Where shall we have lunch?" The 'Restaurant at the End of the Universe' NO GST With the astonishing result that everybody concerned lived happily ever after !

Comment

• And so it came to pass . . .

Nothing is any better. Worse, actually.

More lies, bullshit, mendacity, excuses and scapegoat blaming from the W'gton woodenheads and their sycophants.

Covid chaos aside, the financially illiterate, incompetent and inept are firmly ensconced in parliament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
            And so it came to pass . . .

Nothing is any better. Worse, actually.

More lies, bullshit, mendacity, excuses and scapegoat blaming from the W'gton woodenheads and their sycophants.

Covid chaos aside, the financially illiterate, incompetent and inept are firmly ensconced in parliament.
            This is the first time you have made any sense Perry

Comment

• Originally posted by Cpt707 View Post
              The History of every major civilization tends to pass through 3 distinct phases: Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication otherwise known as How..Why..and Where. The first phase is characterized by "How can we eat?" "Why do we eat?" and the third by "Where shall we have lunch?" The 'Restaurant at the End of the Universe' NO GST With the astonishing result that everybody concerned lived happily ever after !
              Interesting view – but all sophisticated civilization disappeared, and the survivor followed the same pattern – upswing (boom) – crisis - warfare

Comment

• Originally posted by klauster View Post

Interesting view – but all sophisticated civilization disappeared, and the survivor followed the same pattern – upswing (boom) – crisis - warfare
                That doesn't quite make sense.

I wish...

Everyone could have had the brilliant Bio teacher that I had at school.

Nothing like watching a yoghurt population reach the limit of it's environment and cause a phase sift.

Comment

• Klauster's stance is supported by anthropologist James D Unwin.
                  Seems that they / we all started the same way and all ended the same way.
                  Originally posted by Wikipedia
                  According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses its cohesion, its impetus and its purpose. The effect, says the author, is irrevocable.

Comment

... stance is supported by....
                    The mistake is always in the question, as is the answer.

Comment

• Six months later and the mess gets ever-bigger.

The lockdown operation was a success (sort-of) but the on-life-support patient economy died.

Comment

Six months later and the mess gets ever-bigger.

The lockdown operation was a success (sort-of) but the on-life-support patient economy died.
                        Dead? Really?
                        Hibernation more likely.
                        Wait for the bounce back as the levels go down.

Comment

• I agree that optimism is a more warming perspective.

Interesting to see what Israel's PM has recently done. www.gov.il

(I see that item in English text, but it seems it presents in Hebrew, for some. Perhaps depends on the device?)

Comment

Working...
                          X