No announcement yet.

cheap melbourne apartments, next slump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap melbourne apartments, next slump?

Twenty-three buildings taller than 200 metres are currently being planned or built in Melbourne, many by Asian developers.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Yeah there's lots of overseas buyers in Aus. I went to London mid year after being away for 15 years and I'm not sure I liked the skyscrapers taking over the 'old city' prominence on the landscape - it took a bit of getting used. A bit different in Melbourne though. More apartments provide 'affordable housing' John Key would approve aye.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Chinese inflation finding it's way to Aussie. They get more of it than we do.

Japan's just increased their money printing by 50%. That 50% is bigger than our economy. Some of that will find it's way here too.

Interesting times...
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

That increase of money printing of Japan has also made investing in Japan a little cheaper for international investors looking to get in on the Japanese property market which is booming lately!

Comment

but the population is falling

meaning there are already enough homes
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

As a country, yes, the population is falling, and especially in the countryside. But the cities, especially the regional centres, are growing. Osaka's population has increased by about 80,000 over the past ten years, Nagoya by about 120,000 and Fukuoka by about 300,000. This growth is pushing up demand and prices, with Fukuoka for example seeing a property price increase of 20 - 30% over the past two years. Yes, I wouldn't invest in Shimane, but there are opportunities.

Comment

I hope that my landlord will lower my monthly rent. How can I save money when my my rent is too high.

Comment

Japan is now in recession....even with the money printing

cheers,

donna

Comment

Sydney housing market is booming, due to overseas investor demand, and local bankers going crazy lending to foreigners via overseas income.

Comment

Donna, Japan's economy has been stagnant or recessionary for about 20 years, that doesn't mean you can't make money as an investor if you know what you're doing.

Comment

true

you can swim against the tide

but it's much easier to swim with it
                      have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

True again, but let's hope you're a strong swimmer because tides go in two directions... some "investors" a few years back were not such good swimmers. As Warren Buffett so famously said, "Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked."

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Ichikawa-Doyle View Post
                          Donna, Japan's economy has been stagnant or recessionary for about 20 years, that doesn't mean you can't make money as an investor if you know what you're doing.
                          Yes too true.

I was merely stating what's been reported - not suggesting there's no money to be made

cheers,

donna

Comment

Abe:
                            There is a tide in the affairs of men.
                            Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life
                            Is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat,
                            And we must take the current when it serves,
                            Or lose our ventures.

Jimento speech, Last night, on calling new election and cancelling the tax rise that was supposed to pay for the most recent monetary easing
                            Last edited by eri; 19-11-2014, 03:58 PM.
                            have you defeated them?
                            your demons

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Working...
                              X