No announcement yet.

Auckland Housing Affordability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also I have looked at various modular options over the years and they often just don't stack up in the end. The theory is you have saved all this money by building off site but by the time you actually get them on site and finished you haven't saved much. And you are forever stuck with something you don't want. Fixed width rooms, no sense of design and often something hard to keep rented because of lack of flow etc.
    It's good in theory but not one company has ever really gotten them to work IMHO.

Comment

The main competition for AKL homes is more in the 500k - 1m range; less so in the sub 500k range.

Comment

And who in Auckland would want to live in 3 or 4 containers joined together?

Comment

better than a keith hay

imho

have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

Here you go:

Don't seem to look like containers.
            About $1500 per m2.
            4 Bedrooms for $200k would rent for ?

Comment

You are joking right? Have you ever been in these? Look at the floor plans. I mean I am not anti them I just know how not great they fell inside. The things that make them cheap and transportable limit room sizes. And they look pretty hideous. Hard(er) to rent that's all I am saying. Look at the plan it's horrible.

Comment

Anything built "down to a price" will have some negatives. How any potential tenant
                views them would be a factor of their income and despration for a roof, wouldn't it?

Look at the recent expose of the 'tenant farm' in the Christchurch industrial area.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  How any potential tenant.....
                  or owner occupier....

Comment

I haven't heard about that one Perry, is it online?

Comment

WOF thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                        I haven't heard about that one Perry, is it online?
                        See here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6566...d-face-closure

Providing a service, housing people no one else will touch, but gets lots of opprobrium.

It's a strange world.

Comment

I guess it's a health problem amongst other things :-)

Comment

I'm feeling silly after reading that. My average room, maybe 5k's away, rents out for $180 including power and internet and furniture, in a well maintained legal house and a landlord who doesn't put up signs like 'pay your f...n rent'.

Can't believe someone would pay $160pw to live like a womble in an abusive relationship. Time to put the prices up????

Comment

NZ First: Turn off the 'immigration tap'
                              An Opposition party is calling for a complete halt to immigration, saying it's the only way to solve Auckland's housing shortage.

"There aren't enough houses for Kiwis in Auckland, let alone for immigrants," said NZ First MP Denis O'Rourke.
                              "The Government must boldly bring immigration to a halt or Kiwis will continue to suffer."

Comment

Originally posted by andyp2010 View Post
                                I'm feeling silly after reading that. My average room, maybe 5k's away, rents out for $180 including power and internet and furniture, in a well maintained legal house and a landlord who doesn't put up signs like 'pay your f...n rent'.

Can't believe someone would pay $160pw to live like a womble in an abusive relationship. Time to put the prices up????
                                How many people do you house who don't pass your tenant screening processes? The ones with multi arrears / property damage, criminal convictions, no jobs etc etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X