• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105
Results 1,041 to 1,047 of 1047

LetMeGoogleThatForYou

https://www.lmgtfy.com

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than search it for themselves.

guess we should be honoured at the attempt to enlighten

fyi

Generations are pretty bogus. The labels we use to casually slice up society — boomer, millennial, Gen X, Gen Z — are a nearly useless way of thinking about politics, culture or business in America. The very idea that tens of millions of people across different classes and races and geographies might hold similar views on a range of subjects just because they happened to be born during the same 20-year span of American history — the whole thing sounds a bit too much like astrology, doesn’t it?

but good luck with the minimalist nihilism

any programmer will tell you

crap in = crap out

spending less than your earn

has ALWAYS led to more options

at least the important ones
    Last edited by eri; 24-11-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Quote Originally Posted by bmt View Post
    Genuinely, what is the point of this post? This boomer ideology has been thoroughly debunked.. unless you have somehow missed it? Just reinforcing the PT echo chamber or something..?
    It's another example of the group of people complaining about house prices are also loading up on $10 beers and $1000 cell phones.

Quote Originally Posted by bmt View Post
    Genuinely, what is the point of this post? This boomer ideology has been thoroughly debunked.. unless you have somehow missed it? Just reinforcing the PT echo chamber or something..?
    It's interesting that you know how old I am from my post... that being said I'm pretty sure I can tell your age by yours.

For the record I'm not a boomer... not even close. What I am is someone who has watched my friends and family increase their expectations of what they SHOULD have in life and regularly whittle away their hard earned.

I've worked in offices with folks who earn multiples of the average salary then sit at the most exclusive (read expensive) restaurants in town hearing them complain about how they can't seem to save any money.

BMT - call it what you want but there are a few truths in life:

1 - The mathematics don't lie. Spend less that you earn the delta will be savings

2 - You don't deserve anything - it doesn't matter what your parents told you you're not that special

3 - You can only spend money once

4 - It's a competitive world - if someone else wants it more than you they'll probably get it (i.e. work harder, pay more)

Quote Originally Posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
    I wondered as I waited in the line to order one beer and one wine for $20.50, is it possible these are the same folk complaining they can't afford to buy a house?
    Maybe they were thinking the same about you - but you have a house, maybe they do too?
    What a load of tosh!

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheMove View Post
    But no government will do the right thing and raise interest rates, which is how you get kiwis buying Kiwi properties, lower the median house price to 6x multiples and 9% become affordable. Thats not asking a lot.
    Is this because property is the only game in town?
    Raise the interest rates - suck lots of money in from around the world because there is lots looking for a return - push up the exchange rate - reduce our export competativeness and see how the country as a whole goes.

It's pretty much the same logic as 'put a CGT on property to bring prices down' !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Maybe they were thinking the same about you - but you have a house, maybe they do too?
    What a load of tosh!
    Nah... based on the data they can't all own houses... but you know that... right?

unless by some statistical anomaly only home owners were among the hundreds strong crowd.

Thread Information