The story of my new tenant and a “good-guy” removals company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story of my new tenant and a “good-guy” removals company

I was inspired to write this piece for the Coffee Lounge because the other day I read two other lengthy reads on the PT, and thought you may find mine interesting as well.

I wanted to tell you the story of my new tenant and his recent move in. (I will keep places and names private)

To start with a short intro of mine, I am a landlord who cares but wants to get the same attitude from his tenants. There may be arguments sometimes, but there are also cases where I've put myself in a position to walk in the tenant's shoes and help him. You know anyone looks for value for money, and I can stand people ruining my property. So far, I've had enough luck and had tenants of example, but I will tell you a story about one of them.

A rich boy, some kind of an art-guy judging by his looks. He liked the location at first sight and appeared to be pretty keen on whatever the flat turns out to be. Seeing it he was even happier. We reached an agreement fast and he was going to move in next week. A long-term contract is what I liked even most.

Man and van companies are not something uncommon with my tenants. I was there while he was moving in, just to hand over the keys and congratulate him on the move (not that I was worried about clumsy movers scratching and bumping into this and that). He had a van full of possessions, even though the flat is fully-furnished. I was a bit surprised but held my curiosity... not until much later.

The two men were moving some carefully packed boxes. I couldn't hold any more and asked what are the contents of these boxes. He said he collects art pieces and said this place was perfectly near a gallery. I wasn't aware of any galleries in the area, but I guess it's just because I don't care much. With all these boxes, it didn't look like he was there only to see an exhibition. Yet, he wasn't telling me what exactly was in boxes. Paintings? Sculptures? He proceeded to explain the gallery is yet to be open, and that he is the one who will actually rent a nearby place and open something big and glamorous. That really puzzled most of the things out, besides one.

However, this case was over for me - I was glad a good lad was going to take my property, an investing art person who will not only maintain the place but make it even better, I suppose.

While we were chatting a company representative arrived. The person from the compnay said this move was for free – he was kind of trying to advertise the service to me. My new tenant said he only paid for regular packing, a total of £40 for two hours, with no transport and loading fees. He added that he looked so hard for a moving company and never managed to trust any one of the “interviewed”. Until this company said they were going to do it for free – just to prove him they will not break a single thing. The gallery was going to be of historical importance for the area, and this is a good place to advertise your removals company, the rep suggested. So I guess both parties were happy. A move well done, some saved money, a good advertisement in a newly opened place of local importance. And a landlord with a good deal of course.

Hope you enjoyed this story! Please leave your feedback and don't spare any criticism!

P.S I know my writing is not perfect.
    Last edited by derek.davies; 11-09-2014, 10:19 AM. Reason: removed the name of the company

So, the other day one of my tenants agreement ran out and it was time to end our relations. They were moving from this cute apartment in W5 to a bigger house in E1, so I recommended them to use http://www.bestmove.co.uk/ for their removals but I advised them to tell about who is referring them. And this company won't stop amazing me, as they clearly remembered this case and offered a little discount. It's business and I don't see what's the reason for them do earn less, but they clearly mind their job.

Comment

Tha's a great story mate! And happy that you've found a wonderful tenant! Now if only estate agents could hook up with moving and removals companies for deals like these! At the rate we buy and sell and rent apartments and properties for our clients, an advertising deal with moving and removals companies like that would definitely be a boon for our clientele haha!

Comment

Working...
      X