Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminium Joinery Colouring

I need some Aluminium doors recoloured.

Not sure what options there are but the first place I rang quoted 950+gst for 1200mm wide french door.

Seems really expensive and is twice what I paid on Trademe for the door itself.

Anyone know of any cheap options?

Can you get them coated/wrapped?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
    James

Hi James, we did this to a whole house lot of windows and found the most cost effective way was to buy the product and get our painter to apply it. It worked a treat and still looks great six months later. You haven't said what area you are in, maybe send me a message and I can give you some contacts. Thanks Karen, Stake Property.
    "Don't go mental, we'll manage your rental"

Comment

Originally posted by stakeproperty View Post
      Hi James, we did this to a whole house lot of windows and found the most cost effective way was to buy the product and get our painter to apply it. It worked a treat and still looks great six months later. You haven't said what area you are in, maybe send me a message and I can give you some contacts. Thanks Karen, Stake Property.
      thanks for this. can you tell me the product you used? I am in auckland. will PM you some details.

Comment

Originally posted by jrad View Post
        thanks for this. can you tell me the product you used? I am in auckland. will PM you some details.
        You will need an etch primer if you are going to paint the aluminium. It will not look as good and will require repainting every 5 - 10 years which sort of defeats the purpose of having them.

How bad is it? Sometimes a car polish with a good cutting compound and some elbow grease will clean them up pretty good and just the occasional paint touch up (with etch primer) is required here and there.

Comment

It's not bad at all just the wrong colour. its grey anodised ali and I need it to be white. I should have just bought a white one to start with I think!

Comment

I have messaged you with the details
            "Don't go mental, we'll manage your rental"

Comment

Originally posted by stakeproperty View Post
              I have messaged you with the details
              thank you very much - will look into it this weekend.

cheers
              James

Comment

Originally posted by jrad View Post
                It's not bad at all just the wrong colour. its grey anodised ali and I need it to be white. I should have just bought a white one to start with I think!
                Painting is definitely your best option then. Either that or re-selling it and buying another. Getting paint to match your existing aged other joinery could be as much of a hassle.

Comment

Working...
                X