Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna and Marcs trip - First week - Posted 19/12/2003

Hi all,

Well we have spent over 15 hours in a car in the last 3 days but have been from Piahia to Wellington in that time.

We meet Muppet in Rotorua a few days back and we had a great talk about life and property investment. Muppet is a great help to Pt and gives us loads of support and advice so we were very keen to meet him. He gave us some great ideas about what to look for in areas around the North Island - Costal drift and small towns.

He mentioned an interesting fact about the state of the Taupo lake which is being populated by the fertilizers that are added to the top soil around the surrounding farming areas. It takes 80 years for the rain that hits the land to seep through to the lake. The fertilizers are killing the lake and creating large amounts of Algae. This may cause the property values to decrease since tourism could be affected by this issue. So far the seepage is 40 years behind (muppet is this right?) so we have another 40 years of chemicals to hit the lake. The cost to the district is 80 million dollars of which 40 million will be sourced from rate payers.

While we were in Piahia we drove up to Tokerau Beach which has seen massive development in the last 8 years. What as happened to the area is that a multimillionaire and billionaire from the US has brought up a HUGE amount of land in this area which looks out to Doubtless Bay which I might add has the most amazing beaches I have ever seen in NZ. Bob (who is the multimillionaire) lives in this area and has built an exclusive golf course, vineyard and entertainment area. He has also created about 4 stages of sub divisions - 1 and 2 of which have been released. The sub divisions have sea views and might be a good investment if you are looking for capital growth. Please note that you need to do lots of research as there is at present no infrastructure that can support this many sub-divisions (150 million dollars worth) but Bob is planning to add a supermarket, butcher and chemist etc...

If you are interested in this type of development contact Dennis Chan on 627 8325. Dennis is very helpful and spent 3 hours with us showing us the sites of the area. He is the sales rep for this development.

Please note that I do not endorse this development as I am not qualified to do so nor do I get any kick backs or money from giving you this information. We did not invest in this development as we are currently seeking cash flow positive IP not capital.

We are currently in Wellington visiting family and friends and looking for cash flow positive IP! My tip is to look at Rotoura and Kerikeri but I am sure I have missed out a huge amount of great places in the North! We have seen loads of new developments coming online and most seemed to be costal. Our cousin who lives in Piahia said that 6 months ago you could buy land in Cable Bay with sea views for 70k now you can’t find anything under 150+k

Best regards

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com
Working...
X