Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aus / NZ Exchange rate

G,Day all,
    I have been looking for some projections on the Aus / NZ Exchange rate however I have not been able to find any info.

Can anyone suggest somewhere where I can find some info. on the above as we are looking at relocating to Auzzzie...

Have a good one.
    Most people don't recognise opportunity because it wears overalls and looks like hard work...

Try the National Bank quarterly economic forecast

On page 13 is a table which gives historical and projected exchange rates for major currencies.
    handmade art for kids rooms

Comment

Have a look at the sites below:

Make fast and secure international money transfers with OFX. Register today and save with better exchange rates than the big banks.

Hope this helps, although they are from a 'futures trading' perspective.
      There are also historical charts etc.

Sapphire

Comment

Thanks guys that was just what I was looking for. Previously I have used banks to exchange money. Do you know of a company that offers better rates etc????

Thanks in advance
        Craig
        Most people don't recognise opportunity because it wears overalls and looks like hard work...

Comment

The links to NZforex and Ozforex home pages are

Make fast and secure international money transfers with OFX. Register today and save with better exchange rates than the big banks.

Their fees are A$15 for any transfer, with, I think, a minimum of A$2,000 and they bank it direct into our National Bank account, generally the next business day, whereas Australia's Commonwealth Bank sends it to Sydney on the first night, and then forwards to our NZ bank account the next night - 2 days in the transfer - and costs A$28 fee but with no minimum amount to transfer.

The only thing with Ozforex is that we had to set up an account which required photo ID verification, etc. but you can find all this relevant info at the website.

Presume NZforex would be very similar as they operate as sister companies - ie. we transfer from Oz with Ozforex but it gets banked in NZ through NZforex.

Comment

Thanks Sapphire. Your a gem. LOL

Comment

Large part of remuneration in last few years has been in either US or Australian dollars. Few years ago I used to look at predictions and try and time transfers.

What I soon learned of course is that the economists/analysts are using the same crystal ball we are a lot of the time.

Ended up transferring when funds arrived rather than concerning myself with something I cannot control.

When large transfers are going to be made I would speak to bank international department about trends overnight - they were normally helpful in "arranging" best rate of day to be adopted.

Comment

Elldridge Lynch

Elldridge Lynch offer a similar service to Ozforex, maybe slightly better rate, and they usually have bank accounts in various countries so you can make deposits for free. They seem pretty good, although I'm still having trouble with their Japanese account for some reason.
                handmade art for kids rooms

Comment

Thanks a million guys. I think I will take your advise on that one flame.

Comment

Working...
                  X