Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wellington Property Investor Association.. which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellington Property Investor Association.. which one?

Hi all,

I am looking to join a property investor Association in Wellington and unsure about the Wellington or Capitial groups.

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

Although I cannot answer the question for you, that exact same question and lack of clarity is the same reason I have yet to take part in any PIA in Wellington I gather one has more events than the other, and that membership and event pricing is slightly different between the two. If I recall one also does couples discounts, the other doesn't (but don't quote me on it).

Comment

If you join, perhaps you could ask Jackie where to find all those 15 % properties.

Wellington Property Investors Association president Jackie Thomas-Teague said the change would have an impact on smaller investors, as commercial rates would be unaffordable for them.

While anyone who had five rental properties should be taking it seriously as a business, it would be wrong to treat them all as if they were major property investors.
      "I would be losing money hand over fist" paying commercial rates, she said.

"If they do this, rents would [have to] rise to make investments worthwhile, or the bottom would drop out of the investment market and, by extension, the property market."

House rentals typically brought a return of less than 7 per cent, she said, so if interest rates on mortgages were higher than the return, investors would be making a loss from day one.

The change would favour already wealthy investors, who could afford to buy multimillion-dollar commercial properties offering 15 per cent returns, but those who bought smaller would be shut out, she said.
      www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/9967943/Mortgage-tightening-to-hit-small-investors

Comment

Originally posted by absoluteproperty View Post
        Although I cannot answer the question for you, that exact same question and lack of clarity is the same reason I have yet to take part in any PIA in Wellington I gather one has more events than the other, and that membership and event pricing is slightly different between the two. If I recall one also does couples discounts, the other doesn't (but don't quote me on it).
        That is correct absoluteproperty, and I don't remember which is which.
        As a newbie I belonged to both last year. I don't prefer one over the other. They have similar speakers sometimes recycling them between themselves. I met nice helpful people at both.
        This year I joined only one.
        Membership to either gives you the Bunnings and other discounts with the NZPIA membership card, and the NZ Property Investors magazine.
        They really should amalgamate.
        You could just go to the fireside meetings, they are advertised in both newsletters/websites.

Comment

Hi Eugene

Still very undecided which one I think I should attend. I am thinking the Capital one over the Wellington.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwibean View Post
            Hi Eugene

Still very undecided which one I think I should attend. I am thinking the Capital one over the Wellington.
            Sorry to rise a dead post, which one did you join? Because I am planing to join one too.

Comment

Originally posted by James.wu View Post
              Sorry to rise a dead post, which one did you join? Because I am planing to join one too.
              Neither
              I would prefer to pay as I go, choosing the speakers.
              There is no difference in the quality of the speakers, sometimes they are the same ones.
              It might pay you to join for at least one year though to get the discount card.
              And by joining for one year you get the magazine, which I find an enjoyable 10 minute read, even though most of the content is published elsewhere albeit in a different article.
              I understand the local association receives only a small part of the yearly fee, most goes to the national association.
              By paying at the door the local association gets to keep the full $25 or $30 I think, which I like the idea of.
              The committee at Wellington are the loveliest people, so nice and helpful.
              But nice people at both

Comment

Hi Eugene

Hi Eugene, I have joined with Wellington Proeprty Investors Assn, and they are really good, have many good events on and this one is coming up https://www.facebook.com/events/1526560287646298/ all about maintaining retail properties.

The savings alone I have got from using my card at bunnings has saved me thousands so easily pays for itself and get a subscription included to NZ Property investment mag

Might see you there

Comment

Hi Eugene, I have joined with Wellington Proeprty Investors Assn, and they are really good, have many good events on and this one is coming up https://www.facebook.com/events/1526560287646298/ all about maintaining retail properties.

The savings alone I have got from using my card at bunnings has saved me thousands so easily pays for itself and get a subscription included to NZ Property investment mag

Might see you there
                  Thank you.
                  I see they have a new venue, looks nice

Comment

Working...
                  X