Why I won't be voting Labour...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I won't be voting Labour...

What is it with Labour....on Q&A David Cunliffe went on again about how ludicrous it was property speculators weren't taxed on capital gains. Andrew King responded on the NZPIF website (and probably not the first time) that property investors are not property speculators and property speculators are already taxed! National must by now have a templated response they just roll out every time Labour spouts the same garbage.

I do wonder what else the NZPIF can do to lobby politicians effectively so we're not the scapegoat come Election time.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

LOLZ....So David is telling us that we should vote for somebody who doesn't understand the law, but is promising to change it to fix a problem that doesn't exist.....LOLZ.

I liked this bit ......"speculators are driving this market"...........O RLY????.....I suppose it'd be rude to ask what facts he has to back up such a bold statement.

Cheers
    Spaceman
    Last edited by spaceman; 16-04-2014, 11:13 PM.

Comment

He's a politician. He doesn't need facts.

Comment

I agree, he is a fool! We all need to stand up to these left wing cranks.

Comment

At least he's not discriminatory - if it was Winston, it would have been 'Chinese Property Speculators'
          DFTBA

Comment

Quite right cube.

Everybody knows that Foreign Property Speculators are extremely dilgent and meticulous went it comes to fulfilling their obligations to NZ in that regard.

After all; with so much data being collected about them by various agencies, it would be impossible to escape such a fine mesh net.

Comment

Originally posted by cube View Post
              At least he's not discriminatory - if it was Winston, it would have been 'Chinese Property Speculators'
              Or Craig... "Gay Lesbian Bi Transgender Property Speculators"
              You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Dang--If only there was a better choice--Key is such a hard core business man who looks more and more to be in Americas pocket (signing secreat so called trade deals) Letting FBI run rampant(even if it is Kim dot com) Selling of Assets like Genesis and allocating 25% of the shares to foreign institutions ,many of whom have turned around and immediately sold at a 17% profit while ordinary Kiwis have been scaled back to about 1/3 what they applied for.
                There is just so much of that ''back door'' ''old boys'' stuff going on...And then our only real alternative goes and does absoluetly stupid stuff like this---''Mama told me there would be days like this''

Comment

The man with a silent T in his name.

There should be capital gains tax on investment property.

Do you base your opinion on what is fair and just or solely on looking
                  after your own nest ?

Comment

Originally posted by skid View Post
                    Dang--If only there was a better choice--Key is such a hard core business man who looks more and more to be in Americas pocket (signing secreat so called trade deals) Letting FBI run rampant(even if it is Kim dot com) Selling of Assets like Genesis and allocating 25% of the shares to foreign institutions ,many of whom have turned around and immediately sold at a 17% profit while ordinary Kiwis have been scaled back to about 1/3 what they applied for.
                    There is just so much of that ''back door'' ''old boys'' stuff going on...And then our only real alternative goes and does absoluetly stupid stuff like this---''Mama told me there would be days like this''
                    Do you bank with kiwibank or TSB ?

We can buy shares in companies in other countries so what is the difference ?

Many in here moan along same lines but think nothing of marching to an Australian bank for a loan come monday morning.

Key our last hope !

Comment

Originally posted by iwik View Post
                      We can buy shares in companies in other countries so what is the difference ?
                      As a NZer try buying into an IPO in Hongkong, Singapore, USA or UK.

In the 4 hours of trading on Thurs there were 1500 trades worth $150m
                      That's an average of $100,000 per trade.
                      That's the institutions...(many of whom are off shore) pocketing that easy 17% gain.
                      At the expense of NZ retail, most of whom were scaled back to under $5k worth.

"NZers at the front of the queue".....yeah, right.
                      Last edited by speights boy; 19-04-2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Key about the free market, like councils, government has no place in business

Comment

Iwik
                          That is the exchange Alibaba are listing on.

Absolutely nothing to do with the GNE allocation.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                            As a NZer try buying into an IPO in Hongkong, Singapore, USA or UK.
                            I have done in Australia, UK and US, it's really simple.

Comment

Cheers elguapo

Could I not have bought IPO shares for Alibaba ?

Was IPO shares offered to international investors for the other power companies ?
                              Last edited by iwik; 19-04-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X