• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    propertysearch Guest

    Default

    Your assupmtion of the large Chinese population "falling off soon" is flawed. The one child policy is failing and population is growing, not falling and I suspect that the reason that Chinese and Indian population is increasing is because having children means that people are cared for in old age as there are no retirement benefits in these countries. But remember that the wealth in China is NOT shared and jobs only provide subsistence wages, so don't expect anything to change any time soon.

    The reason Japan is suffering from stagflation is that their population is falling. Probably too few children as the Japanese realise there is more to life than procreation. Not sure though. The lesson which we all need to learn from Japan is that falling population means less demand for everything and NO INFLATION as a result...so the prices of local commodities like houses do not increase. This is the rationale economists use toe keep driving never ending population growth which in turns destroys the very environment we all live in and which at some time has to end anyway.

    China needs our land for food production, nothing else. Any argument you mount cannot get around that one. Once owned by the Chinese government no nation will ever get it back. You need to ask Fijians about this as they are also going down the same road. They are selling farming land to the Chinese for the future needs of China. And the Chinese NEVER give land back. EVER.

    I wish your view was as simplistic as you make out eri. The problem is that if you are wrong and it will not be possible to undo such immense to a nation by future generations. So how about NZ sells its farming to land to China. Sound like a wonderful idea????
    Last edited by propertysearch; 06-09-2014 at 06:08 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    8,319

    Default

    eri, you say this:

    it would be logical to assume that at some stage in the future foreigners would ban nz'ers from owing their land?
    And my response is: Like now? e.g. China?
    Squadly dinky do!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by propertysearch View Post
    Look at the big picture artemis. You have to be careful not to miss the forest for the trees.
    It would certainly be a pity if property rights were not part of the big picture. A bridge too far IMHO. Not too far for you, perhaps?

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eri View Post
    if nz were to ban foreigners owning land here
    it would be logical to assume that at some stage in the future foreigners would ban nz'ers from owing their land?
    Are you suggesting that other counties may ban foreigners from ANY country buying land in reponse to NZ's restrictions;
    or
    are you suggesting that other countries may target NZ only with such a ban ?

  5. #25
    propertysearch Guest

    Default

    No comment?
    Last edited by propertysearch; 06-09-2014 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Duplicate

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speights boy View Post
    The Labour proposal is NOT to ban foreigners owning land here in NZ.
    You are spreading disinformation.
    there's no disinformation in a sentence starting with if
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by propertysearch View Post
    Your assupmtion of the large Chinese population "falling off soon" is flawed.
    loads of studies show it

    can you show anything that says it will keep increasing?
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davo36 View Post
    eri, you say this:



    And my response is: Like now? e.g. China?
    china bans chinese from land ownership

    they are at least consistent
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by propertysearch View Post
    Sorry if that is too unpalatable to print. It is not racist. It is just the (inconvemient) facts which some hope will go away.
    the problem with your posts

    is that you present no facts

    just strongly held beliefs which don't stand up to scrutiny

    it's like talking with a 7th day adventist about blood donations

    have you defeated them?
    your demons

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speights boy View Post
    Are you suggesting that other counties may ban foreigners from ANY country buying land in reponse to NZ's restrictions;
    or
    are you suggesting that other countries may target NZ only with such a ban ?
    reciprocality

    nz'ers don't need a visa to visit japan

    because japanese do not need a visa to visit here

    australians do/did need a visa to visit japan

    because australia requires(ed) japanese tourists to have visas

    Some countries do not require a visa in some situations, such as a result of reciprocal treaty arrangements

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_(document)

    ever driven overseas on a nz licence?

    if you have it's because reciprocality agreements

    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/re...rt_20508_7.pdf

    maybe nz could ban some kinds of foreigners from owning some kinds of land here

    in the 80's foreigners couldn't buy land on offshore islands like waiheke

    (but they got rid of that because it was too difficult to administer)

    but if you want to fully think through what could happen in any situation

    it's wise to start from matthew 7,12

    "In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
    Last edited by eri; 06-09-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 14-08-2015, 07:10 PM
  2. Chinese are using property as a ticket into this country. HERALD.
    By McDuck in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 18-02-2013, 11:26 AM
  3. Foreigners outspend locals on Queensland residential property in 2011
    By muppet in forum Property Investment (Oz)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 01:44 AM
  4. Chinese-fuelled Melbourne Property Boom
    By ozharp in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 16-09-2010, 01:55 AM
  5. Wealthy migrants pricing locals out of Sydney property market
    By jenny_pt in forum Property Investment (Oz)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-01-2010, 10:39 PM
  6. Low and medium-high income earners priced out of property market
    By jenny_pt in forum Property Investment (Oz)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-09-2009, 12:01 PM
  7. Low and medium-high income earners priced out of property market
    By Viking in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-09-2009, 10:22 PM
  8. Investors' housing splurge
    By muppet in forum Property Investment (Oz)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-02-2008, 08:50 AM
  9. 'Gents' deal' stings locals - CHB
    By muppet in forum Regions News (NZ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •