Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best South Auckland suburbs for investment

Hello folks,

I am looking for investment properties in south Auckland. Can anyone suggest me best suburbs in terms of good neighbourhood, schools, transport etc?

Thanks

Hi,

As as close to Auckland as possible....I would go for Favona and Mangere (other side of MT Mangere) as Mangere bridge is very expensive.

Get in while you can it's about to go gang busters
    Property Management Auckland

Comment

Thank you for the info, PMA.

Comment

Papatoetoe is a very good suburb to invest in South Auckland. My most preferred parts of Papatoetoe are as close to the 3 train stations (middlemore, Papatoetoe, Puhinui) to future proof against Auckland's population growth and increasing bad traffic situation.

There are a couple of Home and Income properties on Gray Ave for sale now. Approx 500m walk to Middlemore hospital and the train station. The only downside is Gray Ave really is the very edge of Papatoetoe an thus a far less desirable part of the suburb when compared to the areas closer to Hunters Plaza or Manukau City Centre.

Shane

Comment

Mangere East (not Mangere if possible) is also a pretty nice suburb these days. The key is buying as close to Aorere Collage (the Papatoetoe border) as possible. I would only buy a Mangere East house if it fell in the Aorere Collage zone. Otahuhu Collage school zone would be my 2nd pick.

Shane

Comment

I would stay away from Wiri, Weymouth and Manurewa. I live in a flat in Wiri/Manurewa and is isn't the best place. Papatoetoe is nice.

If you are deciding on suburbs I'd suggest spending an hour at the local park/swimming pool, an hour at the local shopping centre/supermarket and an hour walking around areas by high schools.

It would take you about 1-2 weekends to find out what areas you would like to buy into.

Comment

Thanks everyone. So far, I have got Paptoetoe (close to train station), Favona, Mangere east (Aorere or Otahuhu Collage zone).

Shane D: as in your signature, where in Auckland we can get 8% yield these days?

Comment

sazu,

It's very very difficult to find 8% yielding properties in Papatoetoe now. Hence I have not bought anything for a year. I am using this time to renovate and add value to my portfolio (while the tenants are in paying rent).

Shane

Comment

Just be careful when buying property in Mangere/Mangere East. City Council has this plan (one of their options) to connect SH20 with SH1 and some streets will be greatly affected when this pushes through.

Comment

Coastal Clendon the Riviera of the South

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                      Coastal Clendon the Riviera of the South
                      Thanks for the chuckle BK. Although Clendon's rich uncle, Weymouth, seems to be fetching some really high prices. Perhaps Weymouth is more deserving of the Riverea of the South.

Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Shane D View Post
                        Thanks for the chuckle BK. Although Clendon's rich uncle, Weymouth, seems to be fetching some really high prices. Perhaps Weymouth is more deserving of the Riverea of the South.

Shane
                        Thanks for reminding me, I was doing a quick flip of a property down there, bought for 270k and sold for 330k, while I was having problems with my flat at charntay.

It was 2 houses from the water, next to 2 very large houses, this was back in 2011 I think.

That would be worth an easy 450k now - swimming pool, lined garage, large full site 800m2.
                        20 Domain Road, I think.

Thats another 120k lost that can be attributed to the problems with that blimin flat.

Comment

Originally posted by ak22 View Post
                          Just be careful when buying property in Mangere/Mangere East. City Council has this plan (one of their options) to connect SH20 with SH1 and some streets will be greatly affected when this pushes through.
                          This project is already completed with the new Cavendish & Lambie Dr interchange etc.

The next one to watch out for is the potential link between SH20 and SH1 around Onehunga.

Comment

Yes, Option 4 of the East-West link connects SH20 from Mangere through Mangere East / Otara to SH1. All the other options are around Onehunga (Nielsen St Area). I remember Option 4 causing a massive outcry and Len Brown asking NZTA to take it off the table, but now the question is what will his successor do.

Comment

Originally posted by AMR View Post
                              Yes, Option 4 of the East-West link connects SH20 from Mangere through Mangere East / Otara to SH1. All the other options are around Onehunga (Nielsen St Area). I remember Option 4 causing a massive outcry and Len Brown asking NZTA to take it off the table, but now the question is what will his successor do.
                              Onehunga, just need to pay more for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X