WINZ bond applicant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINZ bond applicant.

I have an applicant who is applying to WINZ for their bond. I have not done this for quite sometime and seem to recall the prospective tenant has to have a tenancy agreement before WINZ will even make a call on it. How do I cover myself so I am not locked into an agreement with no bond consequently forthcoming? Advice appreciated.

I wouldnt hand over a Tenancy Agreement for the very reasons you mentioned.Winz already know this a hundred times over yet continue the ploy.
    I use to provide them( winz) with a summary on letterhead of the move in costs and offer to fax/email to the case manager direct. Is very important to make it clear that at this stage you arent actually offering them a Tenancy.

Comment

Did they (WINZ) play ball with that response Sharon?

Comment

You use a clause with a date into the body of the TA, this should be in the body of all TA's of course as many people don't had over cash but do electronic payments that night and you don't want to have a open ended agreement in play.

14 - This agreement is conditional on bond and 1 week rent being received by __XXXX__.

You of course don't had over keys till the cleared funds are in your hot hands.
        Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

Either or both arrangements can work. I use both
          a conditional offer of tenancy, as suggested, plus
          a letter to WINZ. T'other thing you may need to
          catch up with is the need to be a registered (or is
          it accredited?) WINZ supplier. You'll need to do that
          before they'll pay you any bond or rent.

Comment

Write a WINZ letter, your business name (if you are a company) or simply your name and include contact details.

Simply lay the letter out something like this

RE: 6 Sample Street, Auckland

To whom it may concern,

Sam Example has applied for the above mentioned property and the following costs as listed below are required to be paid in full before a tenancy can be signed.

Bond:
            $1,260.00
            Rent in advance: $420.00Letting fee: $488.00

In order for the agreement to go ahead, these funds need to be paid by 5pm on Wednesday 19 February 2014

Should you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me on 123 456 789

Regards,
            Justan Example

Comment

Be aware that some WINZ offices seem to have a policy of not paying letting fees, and yet others do. I write a very similar letter to go with any WINZ supported clients. Frequently, their previous dealing with WINZ precludes them from being able to obtain the full bond, this in many cases is an amount they have to repay, and is thus limited in its 'handout' nature.

This tends to mean that WINZ supported clients end up renting from those property owners that do not charge letting fees . . .

Comment

Sounds like a couple of people here just want to be a ass. (ie: be difficult). Give Winz what they are after. It's a non-issue.

Comment

Working...
                X