Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100m2 Density Infringement - Auckland - 6a Zone

Hi everyone.

I bought a lovely corner-section house 2 years go with a big front yard in Onehunga in Auckland. It's situated in a very residential area.

I'm looking at subdividing so my sister and I can both live in different houses, utilizing the land we both purchased. It has 650m2, and I can easily cut that into 2 equal lot's of 325m2 of flat grassy land with sea views.

All 7 of my direct neighbors are happy to provide their consent. My initial meeting with the council said it was 'possible', however they would need to look at it very conservatively given the density infringement.

• Has anyone ever heard of subdivisions applications being successful with a 100m2 shortfall like this?
    • Does anyone have any advice on which consultants to use for my application (mainly, borehole diggers and engineers who conduct soakage tests, flood risk assessments etc?

Cheers

I laughed at the 7 direct neighbours bit!

Well the council want increased intensification don't they? What does the unitary plan say about your site?

This bit is funny too :"2 equal lot's of 325m2 of flat grassy land with..." Well there won't be much grass left after you've built on it... will be 2 pieces of concrete essentially.

Best of luck with it.
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

The Unitary Plan zones it 'single house' and the huge 7a (townhouse block) across the road. What are the planners thinking!?

No one know what my chances are before I spend $30K on my application ..... ?

Comment

These guys might be helpful for you: http://www.birchsurveyors.co.nz/resource-consents/

Comment

Originally posted by DIY_guy View Post
          The Unitary Plan zones it 'single house' and the huge 7a (townhouse block) across the road. What are the planners thinking!?

No one know what my chances are before I spend $30K on my application ..... ?
          Councils love the fees. They'll quite happily take your money and come back with 'no' or 'yes' with 25 conditions making it impossible.

This whole situation you find yourself in (having to submit an expensive application without knowing the outcome) is shared by every developer and business owner (wanting to expand or set up a new branch etc.).

And it's a huge handbrake on the economy. Delays, costs, uncertainty...
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
          X