Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughcast Concrete

Hi

I am looking to buy a house in Henderson Heights, Auckland. The houses was built with Roughcast Concrete in 2003.

I am a first home buyer and not sure whether roughcast concrete building material is good or bad? Are roughcast concrete construction prone to leaky building?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

find out what's underneath the roughcast.
    real concrete/brick or plasterboard.
    if plasterboard then this is more susceptible to leaky home.

Agents shy away from using the term "plaster" obviously because of the negative connotations.

I would avoid plaster homes. Esp between 1990 and 2006.

Comment

Thanks for the info. From what I can gather, the house is built using HotBloc in the inside and Stucco / Plaster on the outside. It's advertised as concrete / masonry house.

Would you recommend that we still avoid because there's stucco / plaster on the outside?

Thanks again.

Comment

nsvtrst - compare to this place: http://www.prendos.co.nz/potential-risk-house

If you are putting in an offer make sure it is conditional on a pre purchase by a qualified person - these are best: http://www.buildingsurveyors.co.nz/panel/membersnear

A lot of people wont touch plaster and you will need to consider this when time comes to sell.

Comment

Thanks for the valuable advise.

Comment

nothing wrong with solid plaster over block its insulclad/rockote over polystyrene you need to watch out for

Comment

Originally posted by grip View Post
              find out what's underneath the roughcast.
              real concrete/brick or plasterboard.
              if plasterboard then this is more susceptible to leaky home.

Agents shy away from using the term "plaster" obviously because of the negative connotations.

I would avoid plaster homes. Esp between 1990 and 2006.
              Hi Just checking how much roughly it will cost per sq mtrs to replace outside plaster cladding please ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sat View Post
                Hi Just checking how much roughly it will cost per sq mtrs to replace outside plaster cladding please ?
                call a plasterer in your area, there are lots of variables, height, access, etc

Comment

Working...
                X