Orewa Property Value Trends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orewa Property Value Trends

I am waiting for Orewa to become another Mount and then my properties there will rocket.
    Doesn't seem to be happening

I thought commercial investors usually went for more than a paltry 5.8% yield. Orewa locals are, mostly, dead against high-rise. Personally I'm more a fence-sitter on the issue.

Comment

What do you mean, Wayne. Property in Orewa has never been higher. 2-bed units for >500k. You're hard pressed to find a 2-bed for less than $450k now, and that would be a shite one mid-block with no motorhome parking (important feature to the oldies, you know).

Comment

so a oldish 3 bed unit near the centre (one of 2 on the section, 3 min walk to the supermarket) would be worth what?
        Maybe my gold mine has gotten better.

Comment

Depends on the street, but if it's oldish and therefore in need of a tart up, but the bedrooms are an ok size, I'd say mid 500's. Maybe high 400's. Or mid 400's. Possibly low 400's. I'll give you high 300's for it.

Comment

current CV of $380k, I estimate worth around $435k.
            But if Orewa turned into a Mount Maunganui they (I own the pair) would be worth lots more

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              current CV of $380k, I estimate worth around $435k.
              But if Orewa turned into a Mount Maunganui they (I own the pair) would be worth lots more
              Its the beaches, Orewa beach isnt even in the same league as the mount, To start with the break isn't year around, the surf only goes off at really certain times and is heavily effected by the tide. The mount is the total opposite, has year around breaks unaffected by tide and better swell direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                Depends on the street, but if it's oldish and therefore in need of a tart up, but the bedrooms are an ok size, I'd say mid 500's. Maybe high 400's. Or mid 400's. Possibly low 400's. I'll give you high 300's for it.
                $200,000 price spread there.......

Comment

Originally posted by Glizzle View Post
                  Its the beaches, Orewa beach isnt even in the same league as the mount, To start with the break isn't year around, the surf only goes off at really certain times and is heavily effected by the tide. The mount is the total opposite, has year around breaks unaffected by tide and better swell direction.
                  True but Orewa is only 20 minutes north of Auckland and as the public transport gets better its easier to get to. Silverdale shopping centre has expanded at a rate of knots but Orewas population is predominantly retirees because its flat but that is changing too with the subdivisions like Millwater fast filling up with large family homes. The Mount doesn't have 2 indoor pools and a hot water complex like Waiwera within 2 3 km radius nor does the Mount have the fishing like the Gulf.

Comment

Right Meehole - I'm going to buy in Orewa!

Comment

I don't remember starting this thread and I'm the 1st entry. I must be doing this in my sleep - scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
                        True but Orewa is only 20 minutes north of Auckland
                        Marine parade is 40mins in your Ferrari

Comment

Marine parade is 40mins in your Ferrari
                          From Tauranga??

Comment

Nor does the mount have an indoor ski slope with (almost) real snow within a 10 min drive.

Comment

That's a GOOD thing. Last thing I want is marauding bleached-hair surfer type single-cell morons in Kombis repeating "gnarley" and "tubular" ad-nauseum.

Comment

Working...
                              X