No announcement yet.

Precise Location of Fence With Respect to Boundary Pegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other determination of which side for the palings used to be weather.
    Which way for the prevailing rain and sun.
    When palings get wet they dry easily.
    Rails less so - put the rails on the sunny side and they dry quicker (and don't go black as quickly like they do here in Hamilton).

Comment

Fencers have recently started on ripping down the old fence and putting up new one. The posts are now positioned 24cm more over to my side. I was horrified when i saw this today . Fencers explanation we did not want to cut concrete around where old posts were so we laid new posts to the front side of my property in front of the original concrete footing of the old fence. Their is also a wooden retaining wall on the neighbouring side about 20cm away from the old fence concrete footing strip and according to fencers they thought by putting the new post in the same position as the original fence footing it may somehow place pressure on the retaining wall. Of course they saved themselves having to do back breaking work not cutting out the concrete of the original posts. The old fence footing is a solid 14inch deep all the way across the boundary. Solution offered after I complained about the loss of land was their idea of afixing an additional 100mm post behind the new one and to be resting on the old footing and then palings to be nailed neighbours side. Still in 2 minds about this!
      Last edited by mrsaneperson; 11-04-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Were you issued a fencing notice?

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
          Were you issued a fencing notice?
          I am the one to organize the whole project. Neighbour is all good .We decided today not to cut into the original concrete footing that was done for the old fence as it is is up to 21 inches in places. By placing the additional 100mm posts behind the new posts it will bring the fence line about the same as was in the original. Always amazes me how simple things can often become more complicated than originally thought.
          Last edited by mrsaneperson; 11-04-2017, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X