Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some hate me and other love me

Hi folks.
    I thought some of you might enjoy being a property manager one day. One of my Ex tenants just sent me an email. She is horrified at the comments about me on a Face Book Page. Send those love letters in folks. Can anyone better this sort of hate and love mail.

Well saidand well done. Yes you have a hard job and yes there are nice comments. I justwanted you to know that the post was happening and think it is very unfair thatis being allowed to take place. yes, a friend of mine who works in a vetcommented that some of the negative comments were people on the vets bad debtorlist and she wouldn’t take them as credible. Nelson is a small place and surelypeople won’t listen to them???? all the best and have a nice and safexmas.

Hi Loretta
    thanks for the email. Nice people like you who takethe time to communicate bring tears to my eyes.
    I looked through the list of haters. Amazing thatmost of them use their real names.
    I remember most of the bad posters. Strange but onetends to remember the bad ones better than the normal good ones. One inparticular (David McBain with three other names) totally smashed up the flat.Caused $5000 of damage. He did time for an armed kidnapping of a young lady. Ihave been chasing him through the courts now for five years. I still vividlyremember the look of horror on the face of the judge when they saw the photosof the damage.
    I have had two Debbie Wilson's. One I have evictedtwice for non-payment of rent and the other I have had dealings with both herand her daughter. Both seriously into growing drugs and non-payment of rent.Georgia Redmond owes $800 and is paying it off. A little more than one day'srent. Toni Tolland had problems at her previous tenancy. I took her because ofa good reference and her father who I know professionally. JulieRangihika rented 20 Mill street over 15 years ago. The owner of theproperty entered the property and did something stupid. I cannot remember whathe did. I think it was to do with some maintenance. She made anapplication to the tribunal and won. I had nothing to do with it. As you canimagine I was none too happy either and was a witness there on her behalf. As Irecall I would not let her brother take on the tenancy when she left. I seem toremember he was very young. She was pretty angry about that.

Not sure who the others are.

There is nothing I can do. I deal with the darkside of the community. I make around 100 applications to the tenancy tribunalevery year. A number of other property managers give their really difficultproperties to me to manage because of the amount of work and grief that goeswith them. As you know I try to help the down and out but it is hard workdealing with dysfunctional people who have behaviour, drug, andbudgeting issues.
    What I am really amazed at is how many really nicecomments I have had from the posters.
    Just yesterday I was stopped in the street by twoladies who complemented me on how I had handled a very contentiousissue very well the day before. Well the poor lady had been in thesupermarket the night before and two of the debtors were in the samequeue. They were making loud bad comments about her until her rather large sonwho was with her turned and talked to them. One can image those are the sort ofpeople who will post bad comments about me. The tenants left therather nice house with $4000 of damage. At least I can takesolace in the fact that I have done well financially out of doing a hard job.These two do not earn big money so there is no upside for them.

Just smile and get on with life.

Glenn

Subject: A post ihave seen on facebook i thought you may like to see.

Hi Glenn, I am an ex tenant of yours and i am on a page on facebook called OnlineGarage Sale Nelson/Marlborough. There has been a post that has generated alotof attention and i personally feel its like a lynch mob trying to gather somemomentum or something. It is not nice and im going to copy and paste the posthere so you can see it for yourself. Thought you may like the heads up. Thereis some comments at the bottom where one lady looks like she is talking toherself, unfortunately she is talking with someone i have on block so areunable to see the blocked comments. sorrry. here is copy of post for you.

Nqaketa Naleah Tamou'xo
    just wondering, is it a good idea to go through glens vacancies, i heardfrom alot they rip you off and make sure they keep ur bond,
    7 hours ago
    Top of Form

Comment
    · 4 people likethis.
    ·

Debbie Wilson got one word todescribe him .....arsehole !
    7 hours ago via mobile · Like · 9

·
    Sheri Ropoama Im renting with glennsvacancies have had absoluely NO problems at all...
    7 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2
    ·
    Ange Wilson i rented thru Glenn for anumber of years and he is really straight up and has a wacky sense of humourbut found him no probs at all.
    7 hours ago · Like · 2
    ·
    Lisa Harmon same i rented off him fora while and found him awesum eh i guess if ya look after the place etc then hefine
    7 hours ago · Like · 2
    ·
    Gorgia Redmond Im going through themand they are good, do take you to mediation for nothing tho they took me cosnmyrent was one day late but the judge just laughed at them
    7 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
    ·
    Nqaketa Naleah Tamou'xo okay thankseveryone lol others must of thouqht that way about him bcause they hadnt paidrent , people made out he takes all ur money. I was scared id get riped off;D
    7 hours ago via mobile · Like
    ·
    Nqaketa Naleah Tamou'xo Is he tryingto find any exuse lol im not going through him then, knowing me ill forget topay on the day or i wont get to pay it on time bfor the bank shuts,
    6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
    ·
    Alisha Topia Yip he's not the bestperson. Herd heaps of negative stuff about him through family and friends badexperiences and I found him to be very rude.
    ·
    Lauren Muldoon-Fisher I had oneexperience with him and he was very judgemental because I was young, so I justwalked out of the viewing even though I have excellent references and dont missrent payments he was awful to deal with
    6 hours ago · Like · 1
    ·
    Debbie Wilson jst do direct debitsand make sure the house is clean b4 u move in as i moved in2 1 of his filthyflats and he promise me he clean it b4 i moved in bt nt even and carpet stunkhad fleas and i ended up havin 2 clean it myself and other repairs that neededdoin b4 i moved in didnt gt dun so had words with him bout that so gues me andhim got of on the wrong foot he jst pist me of coz he tld me he wuld clean itbt didnt and jst handed me the keys afta the last tenant moved owt withowtinspecting the mes they left bhind and there is one thng i cnt stand and thatis paru houses and moving strait in2 one didnt go dwn 2 wel with me and thefact that he lied pist me of then 4got 2 mention that i hav 2 pay water ratesin my tenancy agreement and jst xpected me 2 pay a random bil a couple mnths latafor the water plus he wuld cum 2 my flat and moan bout other tenants and saystuf bout them that shuld b kept private
    6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2
    ·
    Abbey Marshall I found him great andgot all of my bond back
    ·
    Jasmine Hodges He's an absolute****** I rent with him he's always bad mouthing other tenants and straight outrude . . He is awful at what he does
    6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 8
    ·
    Dave McBain Worst landlord I've everdealt with
    6 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3
    ·
    Pete Bisley glen looks in windows ifyou a woman so i have been told
    6 hours ago · Like · 2
    ·
    Toni Tolland iev been renting throhim for 7 -8 mnths now found him good but been told its couse my dad wentgarantor. i missed a weeks rent told him the day i missed it got rent plus 15dollars extra redirected from my benny and hes been super good about it. movingin a week and so far everything is algud.
    ·
    Petrice Swan he loves to turnupunannounced super rude!
    5 hours ago via mobile · Like · 5
    ·
    Mave Weir its when you go to leavethe trouble starts - so to keep some of or all of your bond
    4 hours ago · Like · 1
    ·
    Marianne Wout ive had friend thathave said dont rent thru him and yep i heard he a perve if u a chick 2
    4 hours ago · Like · 2
    ·
    Michelle Pointon We found him greatand we got our bond back.
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3
    ·
    Kate Hughes Webster They wereterrible. I would never recommend using them!
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like · 4
    ·

My original post was too long.
    Here is the rest of the post.
    ·
    Kate Hughes Webster They wereterrible. I would never recommend using them!
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like · 4
    ·
    Nqaketa Naleah Tamou'xo i heard helooks through windows to, when ur hme or not.
    3 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1
    ·
    Becky Webster i agree with my mumlol... just dont do it
    3 hours ago · Like · 2
    ·
    Asti Maera Ive heard hes walked intopeoples houses for no reason not sure how true but still pretty iffysounding. My own dealings with them have been shit. They mucked me around on afew houses with viewings and applications and have also flat out told me I wastoo young and they wouldn't rent to me despite being over 18 with goodreferences.
    2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2
    ·
    Mandi Married Halliday NO WAY!! He'sdodgy as and will rip you off!
    2 hours ago · Like · 3
    ·
    Julz Rangihika ivee rented throughhim and because he entered my property unannounced and set off my burglaralarm, i took him to tenancy tribunaal. he had to pay me 765 dollars forentering without permission and he had to pay the callout fee to security. thatf-d him up nut i won in the end lol and yep HEZ A PERV
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 4
    · Mandi Married Halliday I always paidrent on time, and cleaned my flat better than what it was when I moved in, hewould be in my flat unannounced whenever I got home from doing my groceries, hepropositioned my sister, who was renting the flat behind me, I was a modeltenant, he was just a creepy pervert,I moved out after 2 months because I'd hadenough of him just walking in whenever he felt like it. I didn't have kids atthe time, hadn't had a chance to do any damage, and as I said, I left itcleaner than it was when I moved in, but he still took my bond which I realizedhe'd never lodged in the first place, because I never received a receipt fromtenancy tribunal. When I contacted him to sign a release for the bond he was"on holiday". I never heard from him again and sadly cut my losses.
    · about an hour ago · Edited · Like
    ·
    Jewels Mckenna Personally i wouldntever rent through him, incompetitant and rude and doesnt follow through withthings that he says he is going to do. He does bad mouth other tenants and saysthings that could land him in a pack of trouble. Other tenants should never bediscussed ... It just shows, if he is doing it about others and tgen heads offto the next rental property unannounced, then yoy would be the next one for himto talk about
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1
    ·
    Jewels Mckenna Yip, if enough of histenants and ex tenants got together a strong case would be built against himfor all his wrong doings, unfortunately, i havent heard of a single person thathas done anything to sort it properly and have him removed from tge propertymanagers industry... He would have to pay me to rent a property through him andeven then i would turn it down!
    55 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1
    ·
    Toni Tolland thing is we need proofto take him for a skate. hes poped in here a few times unannonussed . im veryworried now about moving day. iev been a grate tenant and glenn has been goodto me but i feel that couse my dad is on the tenance and he works in the waterdepartment at the councel .
    48 minutes ago via mobile · Like
    ·
    Mandi Married Halliday Yeah, it's hisword against ours, we would never have a case, and there are heaps of peoplewho have never had any problem with him at all, my stepdad for one...
    46 minutes ago · Like
    ·
    Toni Tolland iev hurd that if theresan older male on the tenance u wont have an issur
    42 minutes ago via mobile · Like
    ·
    Toni Tolland yea pretty much my dadis the one that deals with water leeks and sends out shity letters and shit. soyea prob
    39 minutes ago via mobile · Like
    ·
    Nqaketa Naleah Tamou'xo lets doit, imasking because my bf got evicted for no reason and he had to move out in2hourz, also he didnt tick off the damages bfor he moved in an got all hisbond, he tricked him into siqning a 12month lease. And he was left paying rentfor months and hes not even living there.
    37 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1
    ·
    Toni Tolland yea aye. hes been goodbut i have a had him trun up and enter my house thro the shed unannonsted whichbeing a solo mum cn be quite scary wen ur home by ur self.
    32 minutes ago via mobile · Like
    ·
    Toni Tolland im shocked he is stillable to work in this area really from what has been said on here and whatothers have told me. he seems to have two lots of standars for solo mums andyoung ppl and the familys and older ppl. is not right. not a good way to dobusiness at all.
    28 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1
    ·
    Petrice Swan someone shud post thisto the nsn mail page... show how many fans he has maybe sumthing could be done
    22 minutes ago via mobile · Like
    ·
    Nqaketa Naleah Tamou'xo The othersthat work for him are his family. His wife and kids . They are all in on it .They go for the ones on the benefit
    15 minutes ago via mobile · Like
    ·
    Nqaketa Naleah Tamou'xo Well 24 ofyou have commented and therez stil more,
    9 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1
    ·
    Nqaketa Naleah Tamou'xo is she shortwith brown curly hair ?
    7 minutes ago via mobile · Like
    ·
    Asti Maera I know of some agents thathate them as well. Not just as a competitive thing but because they're sounproffesional and horrible to deal with.

If someones got the time to figure out how to do something about them then gofor it! You'd definitely have heaps of support.

about a minute ago via mobile · Like
    Bottom of Form

Comment

do what you can

for those need a hand

but try to avoid

those that expect to always

take more than they give
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

Sure is no fun, Glenn. Do you have a nice sign above your
        desk* at the office? One that might go something like:

Gone insane - back shortly.

.....................or

Out of my mind - back in 40 minutes

.....................(if I'm lucky)

* They do give you a desk at the office, don't they?

Comment

Enough there to bring a case of slander. If you were that thin skinned.

Comment

Suddenly I believe the stats about the education system's 20% fail tail. Mind you I heard someone on the radio a few days ago saying that an MBIE survey indicates 50% of builders are functionally illiterate or worse.

Still, we love you Glenn.

Comment

Good, traditional builders were never the best
              at English as she is spoke. Didn't stop them
              being good builders, though.

Comment

My goodness.
                One of the bad posters rang today to ask me to do something.
                I said how come I have put up with all of the issues in your life for the last 10 years and now you post comments like that about me which are not true.
                She apologised. I forgave her.

Comment

What a remarkably rapidly
                  reformed bad-mouther?!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    What a remarkably rapidly
                    reformed bad-mouther?!
                    She had been caught red handed and had no way forward.
                    She has mental health issues and had done a long stint of home detention for serious benefit fraud.
                    Her grandmother used to be my tenant. That old lady is one of those wonderful people landlords have from time to time. One of the relatives owns a business I had a lot of dealings with a few years ago. Good family. Too bad one of the family has gone bad due in fact to no real fault of her own.
                    Mental illness is a terrible thing. She lives like a pig but pays like a pussy cat.
                    We put up with the squalor she lives in because the house is scheduled to be demolished one day.
                    She pays $280 for a large VERY old three bedroom house on a large section. We even mow her lawn for her. We could kick her out and get a far higher rent but that is not on the owners agenda. Not all property owners want the maximum rent.

She is just a child in an adults body.
                    How can society hate people like this and hold a grudge against them because they have bad judgement.
                    I do not expect non thinking idiots to understand how the world works.
                    In this property's case and this tenant's case they just need to be "managed".

Comment

i fnd it hrd to feel sympthy fr ne 1 who types lke dis

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
                        i fnd it hrd to feel sympthy fr ne 1 who types lke dis
                        I agree. Have you ever considered some sort of course.

Comment

We love you Glenn :>)

Comment

Recognise a few of the names and surnames as I grew up in Nelson and know them from school etc.

I see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
                            Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

I see the complete thread has now been taken down by Facebook. Goodness I did not even have to complain to anyone.

By the way I am seriously looking for one of the nasty posters.
                              If anyone knows where Dave McBain is living or working it would be greatly appreciated. I have been chasing him now for about 5 years.
                              I got a monitor hit for him in Nelson earlier in the year but he slipped the bailiff. This is his page. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6063287&type=1
                              Last edited by Glenn; 03-12-2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X