So, Len "2-minute" Brown's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HermanZ
    a bit rich complaining about democratic processes being manipulated - Len got into power aided by a significant portion of the South Auckland vote who were told how and whom to vote for by the Churches. Also it's very revealing that South Auckland rates have not gone up but almost all the rest of Auckland has. I have spent some time in Africa, saw votes being purchased with sacks of rice, bundles of money etc. This is no different and only slightly more sophisticated.

Comment

• Originally posted by gavinc View Post
      HermanZ
      a bit rich complaining about democratic processes being manipulated - Len got into power aided by a significant portion of the South Auckland vote who were told how and whom to vote for by the Churches. Also it's very revealing that South Auckland rates have not gone up but almost all the rest of Auckland has. I have spent some time in Africa, saw votes being purchased with sacks of rice, bundles of money etc. This is no different and only slightly more sophisticated.

Organise your church to vote
      get your people to vote.
      Did you vote?
      Only two people from my work voted.

If you dont like Len Vote him out

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZ View Post
        Dont give a monkey's about Len's sex life.
        He will survive or not
        And maybe one day his family will forgive him

I am more outraged that a couple of dubious imports and an oily slug of whale oil think they can manipulate the democratic process to get their "chosen" one in power.

The only question left is did big John know about it before it leaked.

If not, why not?

Whats the point of having your old school chum run the five eyeball thingy if you can't put together a few text messages and draw a conclusion.

Is this the future we want for NZ politics?

Not Me
        HermanZ

Disclosure: I did vote for John Palino (but it wont happen again).
        My sentiments exactly.

Whale Oil is a blog that writes BS in order to get traffic for his non-existent advertisers. Thus an entertaining read but thats really it in order of substance. No idea what his plan is for the blog - I hope this is not his super plan as I am not sure who would buy it?
        Last edited by Marc; 21-10-2013, 07:30 AM.
        Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZ View Post
          If you dont like Len Vote him out
          Can you remind us; when will ratepayers have that opportunity again?

Comment

• I reckon in a month or two

Comment

• Originally posted by gavinc View Post
              I reckon in a month or two
              Ahh.
              A race between Maurice Williamson and Phil Goff then ?
              Interesting.

Comment

• Anyone else notice the strong pro-Len Brown flavour coming from the NZ Herald?
                Todays effort - headlines announcing:
                Wot a load of bollocks.
                Everyone is sniggering at Brown - he won't last much longer.

Comment

• Maybe they are in damage control.

cheers,

Donna
                  Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• I think the Herald are annoyed at Whaleoil for breaking such a big story in their territory. Its noticeable that they and some other media just refer to "a blogger" and sheer away from specifically naming Whaleoil. Journalistic jealousy, very petty.

Anyway the Herald will have decided they need to put their own spin on the story to gain an edge. So what are the choices...hmmm - why not attack this silly girl? Easy. And then extend her some faux sympathy and change the attack to people she talked to.

All this avoids the central question - is it acceptable for a mayor in a position of power and influence to prey on council staff?

An ancillary question is to check if a council security officer was dismissed some years ago in similar circumstances. That would be interesting to know.

Comment

• Interesting response to this question.
                      Is there anything more to come out that people need to know about?

There had better not be. I have made full disclosure with regard to this matter and it has been horrendous for my family, and that is it.
                      www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11143794

Comment

• Well Cam Slater was on the NBR's Ask Me Anything today. Looks like it is now behind the paywall, though it was available freely at the time. Lots of questions and answers, definitely highly entertaining. He almost, but not quite, said there is indeed more to come. And also that a story about Phil Goff will break Friday. Plus answered a question about his favourite cheese.

These columns are quite often made freely available the following weekend.

Comment

• I still think Len is toast. All Auckland needs is another half reasonable candidate and they'd romp home ahead of the other two....though I doubt Len would even stand if Goff or someone of the same calibre jumped in the race.

cheers,

donna
                          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• The interview this mornning stated "The Herald-DigiPoll survey found 51% of Aucklanders think you should stay on as mayor, but still 39% think you should resign. Is that a sufficient mandate to stay on?"

Len Brown sat down with Herald reporter Bernard Orsman and gave a frank interview about his marriage, integrity and that job reference for his mistress.

When I saw the poll online it was always mid to late 50% for Len Brown to resign. Now its 39% wanting him to resign, yet the poll doesnt appear to be online.........

Comment

• I think he will tough it out.

He might go eventually, but only after a long fight.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• "I'm in a bit of hot water at the moment''

Len's been rooting a young lady for two years and now his wife has found out.
                                "I'm in a bit of hot water at the moment,'' he said.
                                heh heh heh

What a dumb-arse.

Len Brown has made his first post-affair public appearance today, and says it will take a while to "reacclimatise'' himself in the eyes of Aucklanders.

Is he the best there is in Auckland?

Comment

Working...
                                X