Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tide has turned - a little window is opening.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tide has turned - a little window is opening.

New Zealand had a net gain of 12,800 migrants in 12 months to August; August figures were highest in nearly four years

Okay enough of the cliche's.

There is a little window of opportunity opening this summer, from 1/10 through to December.
    With a lot of home buyers being shut out due to LVR restrictions.
    And a spring surge of listings.

I would get in (to auckland housing), while this little window is open.
    And buy as much as you can now.

As the tide is turning, nett immigraion is getting ready to surge.
    And chch and wn will be limited due to earthquake worries.

The auckland market is just starting to rumble, wait till it starts to get into bubble mode.

You have got a good 3 to 4 years.

And that spring surge is made up of vendors whose expectations for sale price are what?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
      And that spring surge is made up of vendors whose expectations for sale price are what?
      Thats the most stupid thing anyone has ever said.

Price setting consists of both a supply curve and a demand curve, lower demand means lower price.

Taking it simply, less people rushing to snap up a bargain or bidding on a property, means lower sales price.

Comment

Pre-approval from banks to existing customers under the 8-% is being withdrawn even as we speak.

Comment

Yeah the market is now a little tighter and less gung-ho compared to before, as lending is tighter also.

More properties are opting for negotiation or have a price stated than auctions.

I agree the next 3 months before Xmas is a great time to get into the market!

Comment

Not stupid, just wary of emotional involvement and the affect of daily media reports for the last 6-12 months about the high prices in Auckland. There's two sides to every story no matter how opinionated one seems to become, Bluekiwi, or how much one longs to be seen as a pundit.

Comment

Not stupid, just wary of emotional involvement and the affect of daily media reports for the last 6-12 months about the high prices in Auckland. There's two sides to every story no matter how opinionated one seems to become, Bluekiwi, or how much one longs to be seen as a pundit.
              I am not sure what "longs to be seen as a pundit" actually means.
              I long for a strawberry punnit and in fact had one today, but beyound that ?

Comment

And you called ME stupid.

Comment

And you called ME stupid.
                  I assume you were being PC and trying to avoid saying the dreaded word "Oracle".
                  But alas I have no desire to be seen as either or anything for that matter.
                  I couldnt care a toss how anyone see's me.

But I quite happy to post when I see something important happening in the market.
                  But I wont ever talk about the "dark horse" that will see it all crashing down in 3 or 4 years time.

Comment

No, I support Oracle. 3 to go. GO ORACLE!

Comment

Getting a bit ahead of yourself Leftette-Its 4 to go for a win

Comment

I want the race to be decided in our favour. 9-8.

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

Risky play there Keys.
                          As soon as they get to 7, ( 9 on the water ) the tide has turned and a window has opened.
                          That window is protesting the 2 point penalty.
                          This may yet be decided (again) by the lawyers.

Comment

if NZ wins the cup, this property boom may well extend beyond 2017.

if US wins the cup, which could happen but i dont see an upset this big, the current boom may go bust before 2017.

Comment

Look for:
                              1. Fewer auctions and more price listings and tenders;
                              2. Even more attention being shown on how to accurately gauge amount of offshore money coming into the AKL market;
                              3. Renewed media focus comparing FHBs with property investors regarding both bank and tax rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X