Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Rates

Hi. With the looming interest rate rises, please advice best options for home loan 2-3 yrs . Thanks

So many variables. If you pay list rate you are paying too much.
    “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

Comment

See a mortgage broker. Then you can be sure you are getting the best rate, the banks won't tell you.

Comment

Hi, depending on loan size, LVR, location and property type (so quite a few variables) maybe around 5.45-5.5% for a 2 year rate. Again there are quite a few variables that affect it so depending on the circumstances it could be slight less, or slightly more. What you may see is banks still keen to price well for under 80% LVR deals, the more sub 80% deals on the books the more 80% + LVR deals they can do in due course.
        Craig PopeCraig Pope Mortgages & Insurance
        www.craigpope.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by hasheem kamal View Post
          Hi. With the looming interest rate rises, please advice best options for home loan 2-3 yrs . Thanks
          split the loan and fix some for differant periods - 1, 3 and 5 years

Comment

I have just got 5.8% for 3 years and 5.15% floating.2 year offered was 5.5%.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              split the loan and fix some for differant periods - 1, 3 and 5 years
              Who says interest rates are going to go up?

The Banks!
              Well they do that all the time and everytime they push that lie the rates go down.
              That's the more likely senario next year.
              Oversea's is looking pretty grim.
              NZ will have a lot of dosh coming in and plenty of cheap dosh to borrow.

France to crash next year after the Americans run out of their money supply in October 13.

Comment

I went 6% for 4 years.

Rates will rise when QE ends.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_pv View Post
                  I went 6% for 4 years.

Rates will rise when QE ends.
                  I agree. Rates will rise when QE ends. This has just been pushed out a bit so we can probably expect faster rises when it does happen. I recently refixed but that was a few weeks ago so my rates not really relevant to what you can get today. I fixed at 4 and 5 years for 60% of lending and the rest on 1 year and flexi. This gives me certainty over the next 4-5 years as well as the ability to repay lump sums earlier if I wish. I thought this was a pretty good strategy right now. I think if you fix at 2-3 years when you come off those rates you might be coming into peaking interest rates.
                  “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

Comment

If you want to get suitable interest rate on a home loan, it is always better to compare rates from different lenders and select one that suite your needs. There are many online comparison websites that can help you in that.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesmurphy552 View Post
                      If you want to get suitable interest rate on a home loan, it is always better to compare rates from different lenders and select one that suite your needs. There are many online comparison websites that can help you in that.
                      Just remember the best rates are not always advertised so the online guides are indicative at best, cheers CP
                      Craig PopeCraig Pope Mortgages & Insurance
                      www.craigpope.co.nz

Comment

Tony Alexander. Chief Economist of the BNZ came out this week and said he suggests fixing for 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X