Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
    Precisely.
    You can buy large fancy leasehold in Kohi for well under 300k.
    or $3 million dollar mansions in Greenlane.

Comment

Just don't buy in Ranui or south & southwest part of Massey, rough areas.

Comment

Pretty sure it will be cross lease and I'm talking to a builder friend t about it today and he said it went to auction last weekend and was passed in high 300s.
        Don't hold me to that info but worth finding out.

Newington isn't the worst street and is improving, has a pocket of HNZ homes about halfway down.
        Like allot of Glen Eden/Glendene/Te atatu/Henderson it's getting better with first home buyers doing them up rather than being a high rental area.

Originally posted by mercury111 View Post
        I've messaged the agent to see if it was a typo since leasehold does seem strange. Yes Grip that would be the ideal! Understand my budget is modest, so trying to make the most out of what I've got.

Comment

Originally posted by NovInvestor View Post
          Just don't buy in Ranui or south & southwest part of Massey, rough areas.
          Ranui is pretty much the only place out West with properties selling for 300K-400K. This is the main reason there has been strong interest from first home buyers and I've seen more properties here go to FHBs this year. This is why yields are falling there and almost impossible to find cashflow positive props in this suburb.

Ranui is definitely not as rough as most of South Auckland.

Comment

Originally posted by grip View Post
            Ranui is pretty much the only place out West with properties selling for 300K-400K. This is the main reason there has been strong interest from first home buyers and I've seen more properties here go to FHBs this year. This is why yields are falling there and almost impossible to find cashflow positive props in this suburb.

Ranui is definitely not as rough as most of South Auckland.
            Ranui in the border of Henderson heights (belong to summerland school) is expensive

Comment

The reply from the agent in regards to Barrys Rd.

Hi,

That’s how they write it. You have to read from the top which is Fee Simple ½ sh.

I would recommend you to take your solicitors advice to clarify.
              Kind regards.

Comment

That’s how they write it. You have to read from the top which is Fee Simple ½ sh.
                By "it" I assume they are talking about the title.
                But we are talking about their advert.
                That is just BS, and if I was the owner I would not be happy.
                How many other people made the same assumption as you, and never made it past the ad ?

Well, at least you know now and can go to have a look if you wish.

Comment

The reply from the agent in regards to Barrys Rd.

Hi,

I would recommend you to take your solicitors advice to clarify.
                  Kind regards.
                  Ask for a copy of the title.
                  Chances are it will say fee simple
                  999 years leasehold.
                  Which is freehold...

Actually as a buyer, I'm quite pleased if others are running scared

Comment

Thank you, keen to stay away from Massey if I can, partly cause of schools partly cause of Pylons. But will do some more research into West Harbour Fringes, and Royal Heights. On the Henderson note, any knowledge what Newington Rd area is like? Thanks again, for any input.
                    I agree on your comment regarding Massey there are some houses around there wickedly close to Pylons. West Harbour fringe is definitely a good option, as the marina part of West Harbour becomes more and more unaffordable to young families the fringe of West Harbour is definitely becoming popular for young families and is still close to the very popular Marina View School. Royal Heights be careful on what part you are looking around in, parts of Colwill Road and the side streets have a terrible reputation, particularly Cedar Heights and surrounding roads.

Newington Road is a good road, you've got a mixed range of houses both owner occupied and tenanted. But it's central to Henderson and that is bound to only make the street better than what it already is.

Good options in Henderson would be:
                    http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-630798423.htm - Walking distance to local schools, close to public transport and motorway interchange. Close to Central Henderson and Lincoln Road, plus Edwards Avenue is a fairly good street too.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-624816252.htm - Same story as the above one really, off Harrington Road it's down a cul de sac street, I know of this house quite well and it's definitely a good option.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-629735753.htm - Once again same story as the above two. This one could probably do with some renovating. But it's on a full site loaded with potential with a double garage and Riverpark Crescent is an average street mix of rentals and owner occupied homes.

Comment

Originally posted by td91 View Post
                      I agree on your comment regarding Massey there are some houses around there wickedly close to Pylons. West Harbour fringe is definitely a good option, as the marina part of West Harbour becomes more and more unaffordable to young families the fringe of West Harbour is definitely becoming popular for young families and is still close to the very popular Marina View School.
                      Unfortunately marina view school zone is already out of reach for FHBs. You won't even find a 3-bed do-up for under 600K. There are still good properties with upside just outside this zone. South of Luckens Road as well as streets off Moire Road heading down to Royal Heights.

Try to find properties as close to high-value areas as possible if you want cap gain.

Comment

Originally posted by td91 View Post

Good options in Henderson would be:
                        http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-630798423.htm - Walking distance to local schools, close to public transport and motorway interchange. Close to Central Henderson and Lincoln Road, plus Edwards Avenue is a fairly good street too.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-624816252.htm - Same story as the above one really, off Harrington Road it's down a cul de sac street, I know of this house quite well and it's definitely a good option.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-629735753.htm - Once again same story as the above two. This one could probably do with some renovating. But it's on a full site loaded with potential with a double garage and Riverpark Crescent is an average street mix of rentals and owner occupied homes.
                        How much you reckon the ones above will go for?

Btw - OP's budget is under 425K.

Comment

Unfortunately marina view school zone is already out of reach for FHBs. You won't even find a 3-bed do-up for under 600K. There are still good properties with upside just outside this zone. South of Luckens Road as well as streets off Moire Road heading down to Royal Heights.

Try to find properties as close to high-value areas as possible if you want cap gain.
                          I'm more meaning you're close enough to try for an out of zone enrolment there's also Hobsonville School too. Both out of zone but both do tend to take on quite a few out of zone kids.

Comment

How much you reckon the ones above will go for?

Btw - OP's budget is under 425K.
                            House number one - Very high three's to low fours. Not to talk the house down at all but it doesn't have a garage, it has a small section and is sharing the site too. I think under $400K would buy it if the feedback that I have been getting from agents in the area is anything to go by.

House number two - Probably low to mid $400's. Once again, not to talk the house down but it again has no garage, is on a small site and is sharing with another house. The interior will push it up in price. However I do think this could be a very real option for the OP.

House number three - House number three could possibly go for a bit more than the OP's budget but then again the market can surprise you. I can't predict this one and what it will go for as there hasn't been much like it on the market lately, but there is a chance $420K would buy it.

Out of all them though I think house number three is the best bet. Sure it's a bit run down and so on. But I'm willing to bet it has good bones and it offers a lot of potential too. My only uncertainty with house number three is that the price is quite unpredictable.

What do you see them going for?

Comment

I went to the open home for the first one on Sunday, and the agent said mid to late 3's when I asked for a price indication. The section is really tiny, no room for a deck or anything which was a put off, (Don't need a lot of land, but a deck/patio to set up an outdoor table and a barbeque is fairly important).

House number 2 is on my list to check this weekend if it doesn't sell at the auction on Friday, Its ideal, but have assumed its well above my price range.

Comment

That first one in all honesty is probably better suited to an investment property situation than a first home buyers one, but definitely a good low priced option. I would say house number 2 would sell at auction on Friday, houses in the area are going fast.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-627577425.htm - This is another good option, shared site and in a good location. This might fit into your price range. No garage or carport which is the downside but it has a deck and parking space. Good first home.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/re...-627577425.htm - Have seen this one before it's clean and tidy would benefit from a few upgrades but definitely does have potential. 3 bedrooms plus an office or conversion into a 4th bedroom. Lots of potential and space to add a carport or garage. I have on good authority that this will definitely be well within your budget.
                                Last edited by td91; 04-09-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X