Watertank & Watercare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watertank & Watercare

We live in Auckland and are needing to get watertank to satisfy stormwater needs for an extension. We'd like to use it for toilet/laundry/ outside hose as well. As I understand it "ideally" we'd inform watercare who would then charge us $500 to put a watermeter on the tank and our bill would then consist of 1) A fixed charge 2) a volumetric charge for our mains water 3) a volumetric charge for our tank water.

Has anyone done this?

Considering the outlay and hassle for the tank/plumbing/maintenance/meter and it not being potable it seems there's not a lot of incentive to be eco-conscious with rainwater.

Of course. They don't want you to do that, they'd be out of a job.

I assume the 'volumetric charge for tank water' would actually be a wastewater charge for the proportion of tank water you put down the disposal system.

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
      I assume the 'volumetric charge for tank water' would actually be a wastewater charge for the proportion of tank water you put down the disposal system.
      except you have a hose connected to it, so one could argue 95% of it goes on the lawn/garden.

I'd be only connecting a hose to it, and therefore removing the requirement to have a meter on it.

Comment

Working...
      X