Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auckland - APIA Beginners Group - Success Stories of New Investors

Hi all

Myself and my classmate Martin, both students of Ron Hoy Fong, will be talking at this months APIA Beginners Group on 28th August 2013.

We will be talking about how we built up our individual property portfolios in the past few years under the coaching of Ron Hoy Fong.

I will be talking about how I purchased 9 properties worth over 3 million dollars, made over 1 million in equity, and I can actually be financially free if I cash up some of my rentals today!

Details of the event can be found here:

See you there.

Gary Lin

Good on you Gary,
    I might even pop on to hear the story if I am free.
    Love hearing property stories.
    Last edited by Bluekiwi; 16-08-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

"I can actually be financially free if I cash up some of my rentals today!", suppose you sell all of your rentals for 1m profit, will you be financially free for how long? You missed the time factor which is very important :-) Have a good speech there

Comment

Originally posted by schrodinger View Post
        "I can actually be financially free if I cash up some of my rentals today!", suppose you sell all of your rentals for 1m profit, will you be financially free for how long? You missed the time factor which is very important :-) Have a good speech there
        Correct me if I am wrong, but what I think Gary is saying.
        Is that he could sell a bunch of houses and quit all his debt.
        And just live off about 3 rentals and take in over 1k a week for the rest of his life.
        Spend all his time with his new family and never have to work again.
        Thats financial freedom from your day job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
          Correct me if I am wrong, but what I think Gary is saying.
          Is that he could sell a bunch of houses and quit all his debt.
          And just live off about 3 rentals and take in over 1k a week for the rest of his life.
          Spend all his time with his new family and never have to work again.
          Thats financial freedom from your day job.

Wow Bluekiwi, you read my mind!

Yeah besides the 3 rentals I keep, I can pay off my home mortgage too I think.

1k a week is not enough of a life style really, probably a minimum standard.

But that's not bad for 3 years huh (3 1/2 years if I take account of the time to sell up some).

Comment

Mathew Gilligan always puts things in simple terms and its something I heard him say in a DVD ages ago, think its was Dean Letfus DVD series.

Buy 10 rental properties, they double in value over 10 years, you then sell half and clear the debt. And live off the rental income from 5.

That simple sentence, set a lot of balls rolling around in my head.
            Converted that to ducks in a row in 2008 and I was off

Throw in 2 or 3 flips per year to make a casual 80k to 100k and you are living a very comfortable lifestyle Gary

Of course, mentoring 10 to 20 students for 5k to 10k each per year, aint bad either

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
              Mathew Gilligan always puts things in simple terms and its something I heard him say in a DVD ages ago, think its was Dean Letfus DVD series.

Buy 10 rental properties, they double in value over 10 years, you then sell half and clear the debt. And live off the rental income from 5.

That simple sentence, set a lot of balls rolling around in my head.
              Converted that to ducks in a row in 2008 and I was off

Throw in 2 or 3 flips per year to make a casual 80k to 100k and you are living a very comfortable lifestyle Gary

Of course, mentoring 10 to 20 students for 5k to 10k each per year, aint bad either

Funny enough I came up with that concept myself in my head.

Na I'm only interested in coaching in the future, not mentoring. I don't feel comfortable that I can help students by just talking to them over the phone.

In the future, I'm not gonna coach students for 5k-10k, that's too cheap, and not worth my time.

Comment

Congratulations Gary, going up there is a very brave thing to do and I wish you all the best. I'll be there tomorrow as well, property stories are always really good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by AMR View Post
                  Congratulations Gary, going up there is a very brave thing to do and I wish you all the best. I'll be there tomorrow as well, property stories are always really good to hear.
                  Hope Sarina can find a bigger venue as it's packed lol.

Sorry I rejected your several approaches previously to present at APIA, but this time Ron recommended me to Sarina so I can't say no lol!

Comment

New location, and booking is open again, 49 new seats left.

Comment

Good to see you're getting support from your fellow PropertyTalkers Gary.

It astounds me just how septic the APIA President has been about PropertyTalk - when clearly it's quite happy to support APIA - maybe it's time someone like you puts in a good word for this site?

cheers,

Donna
                      Last edited by donna; 28-08-2013, 03:03 PM.
                      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post

It astounds me just how septic the APIA President is about PropertyTalk - when clearly it's quite happy to support APIA - maybe it's time someone like you puts in a good word for this site?

cheers,

Donna
                        TAS might get a bit of stick now and then, that could be it.

But both are massive tools for the Auckland property investor.
                        I would have thought friendly co-operation would have been the name of the game.
                        APIA gets enough threads and self promotion through here dont they.

Comment

Yes.....free promotion at that! Maybe you can kick a gift horse in the mouth!
                          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Yes.....free promotion at that! Maybe you can kick a gift horse in the mouth!
                            You could tell TAS that there is a fee for every APIA related thread that is promoting an event for them.

Comment

It astounds me just how septic the APIA President has been about PropertyTalk - when clearly it's quite happy to support APIA - maybe it's time someone like you puts in a good word for this site?

cheers,

Donna
                              Haha I will put in a good word for PT thats for sure =)

Comment

Working...
                              X