Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantity Surveyor Recommendations

Hi Property Talk,

The new insurance policy which requires me to come up with the indemnity value is giving me quite a splitting headache. I saw the program on fair go and based on the discrepancy between those online calculators and what a QA would potentially come back with, i dont think i want to take that risk of under-insuring my properties.

Can anyone provide any good QS referrals that they have used in the past?

My properties are located in Remuera and East Tamaki in Auckland.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.
    IT Solution Architect by day.....property investor by night. All i need now is the bank as my butler and a cave with high capital gains.

When setting your sum insured make sure you allow for demolition, architects, planning, engineer's fees etc. Also allow for the unknown. For example on TC3 land now special foundations are required so you need to allow a guess for the amount you might need if council requires you to incorporate some special design features such as engineered foundations or lifting above flood plains etc. This might add another 50% onto the building costs. That is the hard part- estimating the cost of the unknown before you know what it is. The insurer used to cover the liability for the unknown but know they have offloaded that onto the policyholder.
    LAJ

Comment

AK is not my area of expertise, but I don’t see it as a bad thing insuring YOUR value.

Anyway campaigning on emotional level as the media do is beyond any reality. In the past you totally depend on insurer’s discretion and how that works look at CHCH. What is saver for you sitting on the driver’s seat or let somebody driving for you?

Comment

We provide this service (Prendos) : http://www.prendos.co.nz/residential...e-certificates

Comment

Working...
        X